1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Lump On Budgies

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by SkyAndAmazon, 3/25/18.

1. SkyAndAmazon

SkyAndAmazon Checking out the neighborhood

Anna
    Hello everyone, I just recently joined but only for some help with some pretty bad stuff. I currently own a flock of 8 Budgie Parakeets and have never had a problem with them... until now. Today, I had massaged one of my bird, Mango’s wings only to find a pink lump on it. Today is Sunday so the vets are closed. I also found on my other bird, Kiwi, the same thing most likely??? It feels weird on Kiwi, so I am not so sure. Is this something to be worried about? Is this a tumor?! Money is very tight right now so is this really something I have to take to the vet? image.jpg
    Thanks. image.jpg DAA8D5F5-A815-450A-9D68-674FB28B37FE.jpeg

2. karen256

karen256 Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

I think what you are feeling is just their elbows! Does it just feel like a bony little bump?

3. AkasyaEllric

AkasyaEllric Sprinting down the street

Morgan
    If you're worried I would say take them to the vet, but I had the same thing happen with Ollie and it ended up just being an elbow like @karen256 said. I swore I never felt them before either.

Peachfaced and Tiel Feathers like this.
  4. Birdbabe

Birdbabe Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Most likely thats what your feeling..

5. SkyAndAmazon

SkyAndAmazon Checking out the neighborhood

Anna
    Woah! That’s great. I’m thinking I’m just going to wait and see if they get any larger...

Tiel Feathers likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)