• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lulu, princess of wales!

Panda1955

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Darlene
Hi all,
I would love to share all that I am learning about my princess of Wales. But there is so much I don’t know. I hope to get into change of knowledge others on our familiar with this type of bird. Some of the questions I have are: do each of these female birds need to have their very own male bird? What type nest box do they need? Are there any particular things they need to prepare them for breeding? And many more... i have looked up as much as I can on Google, however, I really want to talk to someone who has experience

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
HI and welcome to AA! :greet5: No experience with Princess of Wales but I know other members will ask for pix and names - we're curious and like sharing pix of our fids and other companion creatures.

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
We love photos! :)

Panda1955

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Darlene
Lol I had a lovebird, buddy bird, for 16 years. My husband found him on one of our job sites, and a tuft of grass. He was just a baby and I was able to hand raise him. I didn’t even even know you could do that! But he lived and he was my constant companion in the house. You have to be very vigilant when you have a Birds in the house. I always have my doors open and I have dogs and cats coming in and out. So though I was sad when he passed away two years ago, it has been nice not having to worry.

Panda1955

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Darlene
76517B28-F189-4AC4-85CF-38457434BABB.jpeg 3A6DB2BB-9EB6-4E04-9314-B9F60DB2D042.jpeg Lulu is a special bird. She does not walk very well and does not fly. When I received my other two princess of Wales, they started picking on her even though she had been in the aviary originally. She was sitting at the bottom of the aviary with her face in the corner. They kept going down and grabbing her tail. So now I have a bird in the house again. I set up a cage for her. She was very depressed for a couple of days. But she sits right next to my chair in the living room and has really come out of her shell.

Panda1955

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Darlene
771FCBE6-6954-4D78-A5C0-CDD612C69C15.jpeg These are my other two, B3B8564D-4AE9-4D33-A254-AE06317662EF.jpeg

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
But the special fids are sometimes some of the sweetest in the long run. She looks cut and as long as you love her and she knows it, I don't think you'll have much trouble.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen

Panda1955

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Darlene
I specialize in the unwanted and not quite right!

Now that we are situated as far as who is going to be where, I’m can continue looking for Mr. Stud Muffin, P. O. W.