• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lucy's mistery

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
So Lucy is my ssister's Yorkie.. 2 months ago she went to the ER vet for an emergency surgery her spleen had a tumour that ruptured my sister was told her dog was dying so she begun the process she left her job to stay at home with Lucy cause she is afraid that if she leaves her alone she could come home and find her bled out... the thing is she is not showing symptoms at all from her vet he says its a matter of days for her to die the oncologist says it will be in 1 month... but what if they mixed the results? Is that even possible?

She is getting fatter my sister was giving her all the things she didnt dare to give her before... 2.5 lbs extra in 2 months... when usually they get thinner, vomit, dhiarrea, pain she got none of it...my sister says she will wait until day 91 to make more tests an MRI etc if they got it wrong she will sue them. I want to know if its possible for them to mix results? Or maybe her vet assumed that because 60% of dogs died within 2-3 months after surgery that was her case when 10% lives 1 year after surgery.... thing is that another symptom is icterice yellow colour... suppousely the metasthasis is on the liver...
But even the vet says "wow she looks like she doesnt have anything at all... in 27 years i have never seen something like this."

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry about Lucy. Your sister may want to take her dog to another vet for a second opinion. She can bring any paperwork she has with her and get copies of records and radiographs.

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
Her hunger has gotten bigger she ask for food 3 times per day! She has been like this since the spleen surgery.. other than that she runs, eats a lot, normal poop, normal pee. She is 12 years old