• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lucy Learned the worst possible sound ever. And some mischief.. :D

KatelynDeanne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
Soo while working on a drawing, Lucy decides to start mimicing my loud electric pencil sharpener..along with the robo vac, the dog barking, the microwave, the amazon alexa, and her best one yet.... EVERYTIME I try to cook she makes a smoke alarm noise... guys I swear she didnt get it from me cooking ;) And her newest phrase... "what it do!?" LOL She also walked over to the coffee pot (her boyfriend) yesterday and she sais "HI!" starts rubbing her head on it... (she likes to try to chew the handle off my coffee pot so I dont like her near it) I said "baby dont touch that coffee pot") sooo she proceeds to chew the coffee pot and sais "dont do that." :rofl:

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
She is definitely a stinker! Just like a 5 year old.

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
Haha !! Love it !
Lol Gotta love her! Shes been a bit of a meanie today though. I got bit because she wouldnt get off the bathroom door and I was done getting dressed and needed to watch her. Tried getting her down with her stick, kept flying away.. So she finally gets on top of where I could reach her. I ask her to step up and she bites me HARD and then steps up. Right on the knuckle! Then the rest of the evening she has been flying away from me for the most part. Shes just mad her alexa isnt working today because of internet issues. LOL

birdlover123

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Nick
My grey, Pugwash, used to sing the chorus of The Final Countdown by 80's hairy Scandinavian rockers Europe but what I really liked was when he'd learn something and then start adding his own riffs to it. When he was on form it would be like listening to a mini jam session. Very intelligent birds.

What you said about your bird biting you before stepping up sounds familiar. I don't think this is an angry reaction or attack. I reckon its like she's just testing to see that what she's gonna step up on is firm, stable and safe.

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
My grey, Pugwash, used to sing the chorus of The Final Countdown by 80's hairy Scandinavian rockers Europe but what I really liked was when he'd learn something and then start adding his own riffs to it. When he was on form it would be like listening to a mini jam session. Very intelligent birds.

What you said about your bird biting you before stepping up sounds familiar. I don't think this is an angry reaction or attack. I reckon its like she's just testing to see that what she's gonna step up on is firm, stable and safe.
Haha Thats cute! Lucy sings the song "sexy and I know it" but she will say "wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!" and some other tunes im not sure of but she knows the andy griffith one well. I agree with ya on the biting thing. She often will kind of push your hand away but other times she will offer that foot if your 5 feet away. Its all according to what she is doing at the time and if she wants to be bothered or not. I can definitely tell when shes actually mad. LOL

Abigail

Avenue Veteran

Yes, Digby often creates his own tunes out of things he already knows, or mixes them, or adds to them.

He will also do the first part of a wolf whistle, and wait for you to do the second. We go back and forth. Or sometimes I will start it and he will finish. He is funny.

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
Yes, Digby often creates his own tunes out of things he already knows, or mixes them, or adds to them.

He will also do the first part of a wolf whistle, and wait for you to do the second. We go back and forth. Or sometimes I will start it and he will finish. He is funny.
Haha Thats cute :)