• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent LUCY GOT INTO THE SKETTI!!!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Now you know she wants spaghetti, that little taste wont hurt, but dont let her get into it again.. give her some plain when you make it,, pretty sure shes Italian..:p

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Her poop might be a little orange or pinkish from the tomato sauce.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but garlic and onion are well researched in DOGS and other mammals but in BIRDS so far the only toxicity has been for feeding A LOT of them. Even then, you'll find dog foods with garlic as small amounts are indeed beneficial. Raw onions are definitely something I would avoid, and even cooked onions would not be something I'd purposely feed, but a little bit of sauce she'll be fine :)

KatelynDeanne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
Now you know she wants spaghetti, that little taste wont hurt, but dont let her get into it again.. give her some plain when you make it,, pretty sure shes Italian..:p
Yeah when I was making it yesterday I gave her the plain noodles when they were cooked before adding the other ingredients. :)

KatelynDeanne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but garlic and onion are well researched in DOGS and other mammals but in BIRDS so far the only toxicity has been for feeding A LOT of them. Even then, you'll find dog foods with garlic as small amounts are indeed beneficial. Raw onions are definitely something I would avoid, and even cooked onions would not be something I'd purposely feed, but a little bit of sauce she'll be fine :)
Thats what I was recently reading too. I feel better about it now but I was freaking out last night. But yeah I keep onions far away from her when preparing them. I never use fresh garlic either, just the powder so no chopping it around her. I know that onions and garlic gives many dogs a tummy ache. My dog Austin, had to go to the hospital when he was a puppy and I was just a child. He had gotten ahold of pizza when we left the house and nearly killed him.

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Yep that is what I read too. However there is a reported case of a flock of waterfoul dying when they ate onion.

Yet cockatoos eat "onion weed" including the bulb. :eek: .----

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Nerd grubbed on spaghetti every time we had it. I had no clue some of the ingredients might be bad for him and he never got sick or had any kind of reaction too it, he lived to be at least 31. It was all cooked so things aren't quite the same and like said most of those bad things take a LOT to cause a bad reaction. Dobby has eaten cooked and raw onions before and no issues as well and some of the supposedly bad things cause more of a stomach upset then a actual bad reaction too. Some things are known to be immediately bad if eaten, many are not as researched and may just cause a tummy ache so do some research about what is truly dangerous and what is bad in large quantities or just upsets their stomach.