• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lucky has earned his name...and 25 years off my life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allessa

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
Have to take a breather...whew.

Lucky has definitely earned his name Lucky. The first time was when Lizzy had kicked him out of the box for the 2nd time. I found him cold, lying on the grate, and he had somehow squeezed his head between it while his body was stuck on top. I thought he was dead. Somehow this miracle survived. Being i was at work for 5 hours, i dont know how long he was like that..i know he was under 2 weeks old, and i know i balled my eyes out when i went to pick him up and i felt his cold body start wiggling. He spent the next few hours in my shirt huddling for warmth..and the next day him and Clover were pulled from the box.

This story took place a few weeks ago, but working a 2nd job i havent had a chance to hop on and do much at all. I finally finished the house i was cleaning, so i can sit down and type this!

So being that ive been working 2 jobs, my birds havent really been out much. I finally had a morning off, so i let all the birds out in the birdroom, i locked Tequila in (he is never locked in) and let the baby lovies hang out on the boing on top of his cage. Tequila is in the living room.

I was finishing laundry, folding and such in the laundry room downstairs while keeping an eye on them. I checked one more time to make sure they were on their boing, then i went in the laundry room, grabbed the clothes, and headed upstairs.

Now my bedroom door is usually always closed, mainly to keep the dog out or she rolls around on the bed and starts up Erics allergies. But i had it a crack open..and i mean a CRACK..because i knew i was coming up with the clothes.

Im in the bedroom, and im putting away clothes, and i hear.."click click click". I stop..listen..but the noise stops. So thinking nothing of it, i go back to putting away clothes. Well again "click click click". Now im listening, and i say to myself, it sounds like the chain when its hitting the ceiling fan.

So i look up...and here is my fan, running FULL blast. And whats on the VERY top of the fan? LUCKY!!!!! The clicking was the sound of his nails and he ran around the top of the fan trying to find a way to get down to me. My heart STOPPED. I jumped on the bed, stuck my hand RIGHT in the fan to stop it, then clicked it to turn it off. He then casually hopped on my head and looked at ME like I was the crazy one!!! OMGGGGGGGG

How he managed to fly up there without getting hit by a blade is beyond me. Hes still young, and at the time wasnt that great of a flyer, but man.

So now im panicking, thinking ...where is Clover??? I look all around the bed dreading to find a little body someplace. Then i race downstairs to find Clover had never left the boing.

What made Lucky fly up there is beyond me. How he even managed to fit in that crack while flying! All i know is it was WAY too close for my comfort. That door is never to be left open again!

rikkitikki

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
:eek: So glad he's none the worse for wear :hug8:

CosmoKramer

Real Name
Zach
Lucky sounds like he had a rough start on life, being kicked out of the nest box :( but seems now he is full of adventure! They sure do love to give us heart attacks. :hehe: So glad the story had a happy ending though. Do you have any recent pics of the 2 babies?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
OMG!:faint::faint::faint: Good thing you went in when you did!
Holly managed to pull the cord the other day and turn the ceiling fan on in the birdroom. I want Troy to remove it and swap it with my kitchen light which I hate anyway. It would be a win win, because I could use the fan by the stove, and it would give the birdroom a fixture with a tight to the ceiling profile and no fan. Birds...making us crazy, one grey hair at a time.:p

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
LUCKY!!!! He took 25 years off my life and I'm already old!!

Ginger

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:omg: the little devil..phew, I am soooooooooo glad he is ok..sounds like a real little rascal!!

Joey

Hit the Road
haha he sure is lucky! awesome birdie magic, avoiding the blades like that.

Allessa

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
They pulled the cord and turned it on???? OMG Carole, thats the next thing im going to panic about! They have one in the room, but ive never turned it on, i never thought of THEM turning it on!!! I didnt want to remove it because when we buy the house we are swapping bedrooms. Our room is going to be the downstairs birdroom and we are moving them upstairs in our room because those walls dont face any townhouses. I wonder if i can just remove the cords! hmm.

And getting pic now!

Allessa

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janifer
Okay here they are! Slipped in mommy and daddy..they seem to follow me when i have the camera..lol. Lucky is on the left, Clover is on the right. Altho pretty soon im not gona be able to tell them apart!! They look so identical to me! Lucky has lost all the black on his beak, and Clover just has a small smudge left. Only way ive been telling! lol

Altho personality wise they are very different. Lucky is a little more wild. He reminds me so much of Stormy. Clover is a SPITTING image of Lizzy. Everything she does...is Lizzy. Its really scary at times! Looks wise..i think Lucky looks like a female..eye shape/stance and Clover looks like a boy...but personality says very different. Im almost sure Clover is a female, and Lucky is a male.
001.JPG 003.jpg 009.JPG

Last edited:

Cupcake

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
~Ann~
:omg: Lucky - you sure are lucky - and freaking adorable!!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.