• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Lovely lady at the feeders!

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Look who turned up for dinner! What a cutie. I should probably set out some water for her! She's eating good, I can't tell if she's going for the grass or for the seeds/corn on the ground but either way she's loving it!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I have some duck feed that I had got for our wild ducks - I can send it your way any time.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Is that a duck?
Indeed it is! Kind of odd because there's not any ponds/lakes in the immediate vicinity, but there is a lake maybe 10 minutes away (if that) so maybe that's where she came from. A couple years back a duck stopped by too! Hung around for 3 days then left. Made my week! :)

I have some duck feed that I had got for our wild ducks - I can send it your way any time.
That's really kind of you to offer! We don't get too many over this way though, I'd hate to let it go to waste sitting in my garage. I'm sure your local ducks love it though! :)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Indeed it is! Kind of odd because there's not any ponds/lakes in the immediate vicinity, but there is a lake maybe 10 minutes away (if that) so maybe that's where she came from. A couple years back a duck stopped by too! Hung around for 3 days then left. Made my week! :)

That's really kind of you to offer! We don't get too many over this way though, I'd hate to let it go to waste sitting in my garage. I'm sure your local ducks love it though! :)
Mine stop showing up after spring and I assume that it's because they've gone to nest. We're close to Lake Arlington and there's a marshy wildlife area a couple of miles north of us plus small streams running through some developments around us. The amount of food left isn't huge, as I bought it from the bulk section of a store called Animal Feeds & Needs.

Otherwise it'll just get lost in the garage and the mice will get it.

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just love ducks and seeing one at my house would make my day. My parents are buried at a cemetery that has a lot of wildlife. It's so nice to see ducks and swans. The baby ducks came running to me a few months ago and the mom was ready to attack me! I was like "They are running to me, I'm not chasing them!"

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
@taxidermynerd, you and @saroj12 have the best wildlife in your yards! :laugh: Thank you for sharing them with us. Your yards are far busier and more interesting than ours.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Such a pretty duck, we get lots of wildlife in our yard but I do not think they are as nice to look at as the visitors you post about.

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Love wildlife, so heart warming. :)

Note: not to be confused with having a wild life! Phew, glad my missus didn’t see that typo! :blink:

Marvel_ous

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Trinity
Awesome! The wildlife around my suburban home isn't really very varied, but the ones we do get are pretty cool. We have rabbits year round, American Robins in late winter through early summer, squirrels (although I don't see them that often until fall), and we get Canada Geese in the winter! Every once in a while we'll see a mallard. Most of the other animals are pretty wary, but the geese will practically eat out of my hand!

We also have Brown eagles, and we were lucky enough to spot one of a pair of bald eagles nesting about ten miles away from our house. Although, the birds of prey don't stop by for a snack.