• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lovebird words

Gddmsam

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sam
We all know our babies aren't the best talkers, but many of them can and do talk a lot. What are some of your lovies' favorite words?

Boba can say; Boba, hi, pew-pew, good, boy, bird, baby, daddy, treat, no, silly, and bye, hes also learning whatcha doin? He often mixes them and uses them in the correct context.

Valkyria

Walking the driveway
Mine are only quiet when they are sleeping it seems, no words though. They are young so time will tell I guess. Impressed by Boba ❤

JaclynBin

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jaclyn
How cute!
"Pretty bird" is a favourite around here. They also mimic a few whistles.
I tried to teach Gem to meow some time age without realizing she can't sound 'mmm'. It's more of a 'yowww' but it's pretty cute.
She used to say "superbird" but hasn't been practicing so she makes a lot of random 'sss' sounds sometimes. She also says 'step up', but only does it under her breath and it sounds a lot like 'stop it' :blink:
Panda just kind of picked up a few things from her - I haven't made a conscientious effort to teach him to mimic.

It's awesome that Boba's using words in context - they're surprisingly smart little birds :)

Happynme

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
happy says:

Happy/kiss kiss/gime kiss/good kiss/whatcha doin/hiiiiiii/ i love you/ peekabo/sh@× (bad word)/naughty bird/silly bird/ thank youuuuu/ pretty bird/what ya want/gooooood bird/step up/no/no mam/ colby (dogs name)/ come here/ ruby (dogs name)/ bebe (what she calls me)/baby/baby bird/leave it (comand i use with dogs alot)/shut up/how stupid /nite nite/go to sleep/talk to me/ hey i see you/and several phrases shes working on that i havent made out yet.

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Neither of mine talk. Sometimes I catch them wolf whistling in amongst all their other chatter, but that's about it. It's mostly just a lot of random noises.