• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lovebird noises - what does it mean?

nova

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi! So I have a (nearly) 4 month old lovie named Nova who I've had for about a month now and she's amazing (big attitude for sure though), but she makes this sound sometimes and I have no idea what it means, like if its a good/happy or bad/sad sound so I'm hoping someone on here will. It's this kinda soft screeching sound like she's chatting to herself and she only does it when she's sitting at the very top of her cage in her favourite spot. She looks to be quite fluffed up and relaxed when she does it so I'm hoping its probably a happy sound but I can't help but be a bit paranoid. I've uploaded a video of her doing it on youtube and have attached the link here to make it easier to understand what I mean.. please someone explain :')
lovebird sound

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Hi she’s gorgeous do you click to her ? It sounds like she’s copying a sound from you or her environment

@Zara will be able to help you better hopefully

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Mine make sounds like that sometimes when perching or winding down. I definitely don't think it's a bad sound, but I think it is more neutral.