• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Love hurts

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am very sorry.

jujube1209

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Julie
I'm so sorry to hear this. How heart wrenching. You selflessly made the best decision for him. Oh, how your heart must ache.

Side note, his name was Butthead? I absolutely adore that. I had a conure named Pissy at one time. Funny how they get their names.

Hopefully your Quackers adjusts well.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Bad news, hard to type. X-Ray found a mass, possible tumor in BH brain. Might be cause of behaviour.

Referral to surgical AV in diamond head for friday. I just can't deal, I love him so much.
My AV said to be prepared as mass was large and surgery or biopsy could be risky, possible they could recommend putting him down.

Sorry if I don't respond, don't know how to deal with this.
I'm sorry for the lack of Quackers update, the AV also checked him again and he is fine but continues to cry for his best friend and really doesn't understand the separation.

It was heartbreaking at the vet as BH immediately charged his pak after waking from his x-ray and though the mesh protected him and BH would have hurt him,
He still pressed against the mesh for cuddles and did his baby talk to BH while BH screamed.

I honestly don't think BH knows who Quackers is, this pic was 70 percent of their days together, joined at th e hip. View attachment 276913

BH knew he was a baby and protected him. I think BH would kill him given the chance and Quakers would go willingly.
I just saw this thread this morning and am in tears too. You and your partner have always put your fids first and loved them so much. I'm so very sorry about BH and having to help him cross Rainbow Bridge. Give Quackers lots of extra cuddles and scritches; he won't understand why BH isn't there and will miss him alot - all your hearts are broken with this horrible turn of events. Hugs to all of you - I won't expect an answer from you but know that I'm thinking of all of you.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I am so so sorry for your loss.
They fly into our hearts and leave feather dust on our souls forever. ...

Cassiopejaz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daniel
Im so sorry for ur loss, its never a easy decision to take..and i guess its not easy for Quackers eighter!

Give Quackers a kiss from me!

Sending:sadhug2:

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
:sadhug2::sadhug2::sadhug2:

I am so sorry. :( Fly free sweet BH.