• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Love bird need help

Cindy.bright

Moving in
Real Name
Cindy Marie Bright
While I was gone work related my bird got string wrapped around its foot and he bite his toes off my bf didn't tell me tell I got home it happened a week ago it looks really bad I need help saving him or giving him yo someone that can take care of him I can not afford vet and I don't want him to die

Last edited by a moderator:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Tell us what city/state you live in, maybe someone here can help.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cindy, are you there? I see you online. Where are you from?

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cindy, I hope you check back - people here can help you. I hope your little lovie makes it. :(

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Can you Maybe post a picture so we might be of better help?

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
A picture would help. The bird we were fostering wound up having to have her foot amputated because of something similar.

Cindy.bright

Moving in
Real Name
Cindy Marie Bright
I'm really sorry guys I have bad service at work I live in Caldwell Idaho and I really need to get him help please I don't want him to suffer because I am poor I love him very much and he has suffered enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cindy.bright

Moving in
Real Name
Cindy Marie Bright
image.jpg image.jpg Also it started bleeding again aww my poor baby

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
First I would recommend that you edit your post and remove your phone number. You are putting it out there for anyone to see not just people who are trustworthy members of AA. As for the bleeding you can stop that with cornstarch or Kwik Stop. Could be infected and, if that is the case, he will need medication so it really is best to take him to the vet for diagnosis and treatment. Perhaps you can work out payment with the vet. You could consider applying for Care Credit.
Recommended (Avian) Bird Vets in Iowa, United States | Beauty of Birds

Perhaps you can contact the vets and tell them your situation and what is going on with your bird. Hope things will be OK.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That s really bad Honey, can you at least clean it with warm soapy water and pat it dry? Is looks like the leg is a bit swollen too..he really needs vet intervention , pain meds, antibiotics and probably bandaged, with a small cone so he dosent pick at it. A good vet will let you make payments.

Cindy.bright

Moving in
Real Name
Cindy Marie Bright
I'm trying to find one but they either don't take birds or not answering been trying for two days

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Jeez, that looks really bad. I hope you can get him some help ASAP. In the mean time, stop the bleeding as suggested above, and maybe remove his perches and give him a blanket or towel in the cage so it isn’t hurting as much to use.

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
Cindy - I recommend calling Big Wings Aviary & Parrot Rescue. They are in your town!

16770 Boehner Rd
Caldwell, Idaho

Phone number: (707) 624-5134

Facebook:
BIG Wings Aviary & Parrot Rescue - About | Facebook

Being a rescue, they will either take in your bird, or they will direct you to someone who will help you. Call them and try their facebook page as well!

Cindy.bright

Moving in
Real Name
Cindy Marie Bright
HE just bite it and made things worse and bleeding a lot I put corn starch on it I wish I could cuddle him and make everything okay

enigma731

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Honestly, I would probably just show up with him at one of the avian vets listed in that search engine and explain the situation. It's a lot harder to turn away someone who has a badly injured animal with them than someone just inquiring on the phone. That injury looks well on its way to becoming life-threatening if it isn't already.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I agree, this is going to become life-threatening very very quickly. Are you able to wrap it up in any way to prevent him from biting it?

Last edited:

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Please keep us posted. Use the cornstarch for now to help stem the bleeding till you can get your baby to the vet.