• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Love Bird Club

Harpo's mom

Moving in
Real Name
Nora
Hi, I have been trying to find A love Bird (or any small parrot) club near me. But can't find anything on lovebirds. Not even on facebook. I started a group on FB but only one member LOL
Any suggestions? I am in North NJ (Dover)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the Forum! We have a number of members here with lovebirds. I don't have one now but did recently foster one for our local rescue. What fun little birds. :)

@Lady Jane @fluffypoptarts

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am fairly new to Lovebirds and I am on FB. What is the name of your group? I will certainly join.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
You're in the lovebird club. Right here.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
HI Nora I just sent a join group on FB. I see so many cute Lovebirds there.

SamandWilley

Walking the driveway
Real Name
DeAnna
I agree that there aren't many lovebird forums or groups that I have found! I think more people should talk about them! LOL!

So, while we are in this forum - any ideas for foraging and enrichment? Mine like to chew on stuff, but I can't seem to get across the idea that they need to look for their treats.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
AA definitely has the most active lovebird (sub-)forum I have found!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Cooper loves those little cardboard boxes you can buy and fill with paper, toys and treats. This box hung in the cage for a while untouched. Then in one day it was destroyed. I have a basket of various safe chew items I give her when she is out of the cage. I think her favorite items are anything balsa wood.

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
I placed a colored Popsicle stick hanging toy on Mo's cage over the weekend. He LOVES it. I have also seen him riding his mini pinata upside down! Hilarious!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I think lovebirds have a wind up spring somewhere inside. Every morning it gets tightly wound. Then they let loose!

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I placed a colored Popsicle stick hanging toy on Mo's cage over the weekend. He LOVES it. I have also seen him riding his mini pinata upside down! Hilarious!
They do seem to love popsicle sticks!

Where did the piñata come from? Just be careful as I've heard some of them can be harmful (I think some of the internal components).

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
They do seem to love popsicle sticks!

Where did the piñata come from? Just be careful as I've heard some of them can be harmful (I think some of the internal components).

I got the Pinata from Dr's Foster & Smith. He's only chewed the very outsides so far but seems to really enjoy it. he likes picking at the loose palm edge pieces, and of course taking a ride o it. Who wouldn't. I will keep my eye on it. I just checked the site and it does not list the maker but it did have a tag on it; I may still have a tag somewhere.

SamandWilley

Walking the driveway
Real Name
DeAnna
They are so busy!! And can be kind of moody. But really fun. They are VERY smart and will figure out how to escape if they can. I don't think there is enough out there about them, either!! I really enjoy mine. I sent a request to join the facebook group! I know a while back there were people looking for a lovebird group! There is one called Missouri Love Birds that is a mix of sales and just bird talk.

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love lovebirds but I don't live with any :o: