• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lotsa snow tonight

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Well they predicted 1 to 4 inches, they missed it by a bunch, now saying 1 to 10 inches and its still going and will off and on all day tomorrow. Lucky I applied for unemployment Thursday as that week will be my waiting week and doubt we'll be doing much the rest of this week.
Started snowing here about 4pm and you can see the time stamp from my security camera. WEEEE! Snow in car port tonight.jpg

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Unemployment? I've missed something.

Yeah keep that snow to yourself.... luckily I'm far, far away.

msplantladi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Ya I lived in Seattle for over 20 years, then Las Vegas, then Utah and now back to Las Vegas-I think I am done with snow but hey thanks for sharing :) Find a comfy quilt & a good book.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Please stay warm and cozy and employed soon.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Forecasters miss a lot of things. So does the transportation department. Just a short time ago it took me 5 hours to drive 30 miles home from work..... icy roads.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Well at least 8 inches outside, and I'm employed but we can't work in this stuff and can't till it's above freezing so unemployment covers you for weather temporary layoffs.
I'll have to post some good pics when I wake up for the day.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Oh I see! Got it now. It is good, then - at least it helps a little.

Can't wait to see more pics. :)

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
OK, got some quick pics this morning through the windows and out the driveway door. This might not be a big deal for many here but in Portland we usually don't get much snow so here this is a really big deal. I have have snow tires that were given to me with the Neon in 2005 I've never put on, they are already on rims. Backyard.jpg Shed.jpg Fence.jpg carport.jpg Driveway, kids playing.jpg

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
I love the snow. Wishing it was here.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
We also got snow last night/today and it's very very windy. But now it is 3º C and raining and all the snow is soon gone! :bliss:
I have have snow tires that were given to me with the Neon in 2005 I've never put on, they are already on rims.
I should put mine on tomorrow. Or else I'm not allowed to drive my car. Do you also have laws for what kind of tires you must use in the winter?

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Not quite the same but they can require traction devices or studded tires if a road or highway gets bad enough. I ALWAYS had a complete set of mounted and ready to go studded tires for the Dart. I always bought good used sets during the summer then ran them till cracked or worn and get another set cheap at garage sales and like that.
Neon came with 4 super soft winter tires mounted and balanced though not studded. I usually don't go out in bad snow these days so haven't used them. The Van I bought cheap parked in the back yard came with 4 mounted studded tires too but right now tags are expired and it's waiting for me to put anti freeze back in it after replacing the water pump this summer.
I sure miss my Jeep and Power Wagon all these years later on days like this. The PW even had a PTO winch so as long as it had gas and something to pull against I could always get anywhere and get myself unstuck if needed.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Went out to get the mail and took my camera, forgot I manually set it to 6400 iso taking some night shots but some came out OK. And Eloy, the city is requiring anyone driving has to have chains on.

Garage wall snow.jpg snow against fence.jpg snow depth flat.jpg Trees.jpg

txdyna65

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
We have had about four feet in the last couple of days, and last night the power went out and didn't come back on until just a little while ago. My kids haven't been to school in a month because of Xmas vacation and then because of bad weather. There have been mud slides, flooding, 40 mph winds, and major power outages around here. You must be getting part of the same storm up in Oregon!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Yep, it hit here and just stayed put all night and was still snowing this morning. Of course we had cold air in place so it started snowing yesterday about 4pm and just came down hard all night. Seattle got nothing at all so it just stayed over us. It's 27 right now and is supposed to stay mostly cold till like Sunday then warm up Monday and just be wet and warm.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
It's pretty,,,,it's not here, so actually it's beautiful.:lol:

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
It's just been raining here off and on for the last few days but we need it badly with the drought going on.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I live in Indiana just below the snow belt and I mean just below. On my drive to work I can go from 1 inch of snow at home. 15-17 miles north all of a sudden there is 5 inches and 6 miles north of that there is 8 inches.

But yesterday we had 53° F Temps and rain. 3 days ago we were at 0° F. As they always say..............If you don't like the weather in Indiana wait 10 minutes.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Well like I said Seattle is about 300 I think miles away and they got nothing, usually they get it worse than we do but weather was coming up from California and just stalled over Portland with cold air already locked in and more pouring in from the Gorge.
It's 25 right now and probably wont get above freezing for a few days so everything is locked in and wont melt. They did lift the chains in the city requirement so may be able to get out if we need to.