• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Lots of Fully Formed Frogs

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Omg, they're so tiny! :cantwait: What kind are they and how big do they get?

Barbara2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
Oh my gosh, I love little frogs. I live on a river, in summer I watch for them all Spring and Summer. Love to hear them. Love seeing your little guys!!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very cute. I was given some tadpoles several years ago and 3 of them grew into frogs. They were wood frogs. I liked them except for having to feed them live crickets and because they were so tiny I had to purchase baby crickets.

Harleyandme

Sprinting down the street
Very cute. I was given some tadpoles several years ago and 3 of them grew into frogs. They were wood frogs. I liked them except for having to feed them live crickets and because they were so tiny I had to purchase baby crickets.
Yes, feeding live food is probably the hardest part about the frogs maintenance. I fed them "wingless" fruit flies, just as teeny tiny babies. They say wingless on the packet, but when I was feeding them to my frogs, 3 or 4 flew out and now I cannot get rid of them (and maybe their friends too). :mad:

Harleyandme

Sprinting down the street
Do you raise them? Is this a (I forgot the term) terrarium, aquarium thingie?

@taxidermynerd has gotten me into frogs lately. I raised them in my bathtub as a child.
I bought them from a tadpole supplier and raised (I don't know if that's a thing either:lol:) them from tadpoles. They are so tiny, I had to hole up a gap in the tank I have, it was a VERY small hole, because a frog was checking it out. I didn't want it to escape! How did you do it in a bathtub?

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
What are you feeding them, pinhead crickets?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I bought them from a tadpole supplier and raised (I don't know if that's a thing either:lol:) them from tadpoles. They are so tiny, I had to hole up a gap in the tank I have, it was a VERY small hole, because a frog was checking it out. I didn't want it to escape! How did you do it in a bathtub?
Well you have to understand I was a teenager! I had my own bathroom, so I just plugged it up, used the aquarium water cleaner stuff and ran the water. Put in eggs I found in the woods, raised 'em up and ... I think I moved them to an aquarium.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Well you have to understand I was a teenager! I had my own bathroom, so I just plugged it up, used the aquarium water cleaner stuff and ran the water. Put in eggs I found in the woods, raised 'em up and ... I think I moved them to an aquarium.
Sounds like something I would do! When I was younger I wanted to put a turtle in the bathtub... I think if you had one that you didn't want to use ever again, you could cage in the drain, make a drainage layer, and make a living space for a terrestrial frog or toad. I'd love to have something big like a cane toad one day, those guys are cool.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
They are soooo cute! Super adorable! Have they grown a bit already? My house used to be very close to a river and in the summer there would be teeny Tiny frogs too, usually we would pick them up and let them go later, and one time we were on holiday and we hatched them ourselves, we later released them into the river. I can’t remember for the world how we got those eggs though:lol: When I was still quite young I found an abondoned bird egg with a friend and we took the egg to my house and covered it in Blanket, we thought that way it would hatch:rofl: