• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lost my buddy and working partner this weekend

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I am so very sorry for your loss of a wonderful friend. Run free and rest in peace Trace.

Sandy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sandy
Thank you everyone. Starting to look for a new trained Border Collie to take her place, but it's really hard. Just to hard to take care of the sheep without her and training a new one from scratch won't happen fast enough. So as much as I am morning the loss of Trace, the search has begun. Know she is up there looking over my shoulder knowing it's what needs to be done and hopefully guiding me to the next right dog for what she considered Her sheep.

Sheri

Meeting neighbors
Sandy,
i am so sorry for your loss. My grief when my last pet died was as intense as my miscarriages. Thankfully it was shorter mind numbing bursting into tears than the miscarried babies but the loss was so deep. We love our pets so much. You will heal and in time will have space in your heart to go on. Your puppy Trace is still with you in spirit.

Bailey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bailey
I'm so sorry for your loss of Trace. That must be so difficult and I know there are no words I can offer to lessen your pain.

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
I am so sorry for your loss.

Ziggymon

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Heidrun, or Mouse
:sadhug2: I am so very sorry.

Nicola

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lina
I am so sorry for you loss. *hugs*

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
:hug8::hug8:I'm so sorry for your loss.

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
Oh dear, my heart aches for you. I know that kind of pain....very sorry for the loss of your
friend:hug8:

Sandy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sandy
Thanks everyone. I'm down to crying only a few times a day or looking at picture where I catch a glimps of her in the background. I have found pictures that I did not realize she was. Even my husband is really missing her. Bentley is a great dog too and trying to help us through. Trying to train him for working with sheep and that takes time. Every so often I have to stop when he's really in the wrong mindset and I will look at him shake my head and just say to him "Your not Trace by any means" then pat him on the head and say "and that's a good thing, now lets get back at it", and off we go to try again. Glad he doesn't look anything like her and his style is going to be all together different than hers was, which is fine to. Just really hard when you have had a great routine going for so many years. Trace joined me as an older dog when her family sold her sheep and moved into town and she Hated it. When she moved in with us it was like she had been here since she was a pup just fell into the routine like she had always done it and I miss that the most. Bentley is a work in progress, a piece of art slowly coming together.....I just wish the big picture was coming together just a little quicker. I swear the sheep are in a conspiracy plotting against me on a daily basis because I don't have the backup LOL