• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Losing feathers?

Jellybeans3369

Strolling the yard
Hello, I posted on here a couple of times before. My bird seemed to be doing fine but he's losing feathers like crazy. I see that he's molting. But I see feathers everywhere. I never see him pluck. But I did just see him shake after a bath and this feather just flew off of him. My birds names Jellybean we've been though some things. I rescued him in February off the streets. There's more info in my other posts if you care to look.
Could anyone help me figure out why feathers are just... coming off???
Thank you.

Attachments

Jellybeans3369

Strolling the yard
I should also add. I don't see any bald spots on him unless he's wet or lifts his wings (I see baby white feathers)

Valkyria

Walking the driveway
Hello, I posted on here a couple of times before. My bird seemed to be doing fine but he's losing feathers like crazy. I see that he's molting. But I see feathers everywhere. I never see him pluck. But I did just see him shake after a bath and this feather just flew off of him. My birds names Jellybean we've been though some things. I rescued him in February off the streets. There's more info in my other posts if you care to look.
Could anyone help me figure out why feathers are just... coming off???
Thank you.
Mine are the same right now, feathers everywhere here, if there are no bold spots I wouldn't be worried. My conure just did the same this morning actually shock himself after a bath and two feathers came flying. He is looking really scruffy pinfethers coming out everywhere. My lovebirds are molting right now too but for some funny reason I never see that much pin feathers on them.

Last edited:

Jellybeans3369

Strolling the yard
My bird looks so unorganized! His feathers looks weird. But I think it's just cuz of the pin feathers. I just feel bad because idk what's actually happening. I've never owned a bird before

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
If you can't see any bald spots, then he's fine, just moulting. :)

Jellybeans3369

Strolling the yard
I am saddend to say that's Jellybean has either passed on or has been stolen.
We let my boyfriends mother and sisters have it, as I wasn't able to give him as much love and attention at the time. And they called a couple days later stating the door was closed but he isn't in there anymore.
They have a lot of dogs over there so I don't know what's happened. I'm so sad......

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.