• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lorikeets aren’t on nectar?

aniboo

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
ania
I saw a thread today saying that nectar isn’t good for lorikeets for the main course. I’m confused, can someone help?

Attachments

Diveks

Walking the driveway
I saw a thread today saying that nectar isn’t good for lorikeets for the main course. I’m confused, can someone help?
I have not seen that thread but I have owned and bred various species of lories and lorikeets for years. I feed my lories the usual diet of nectar, fruits and veggies with the occasional flowers (they are also offered insects when I feed the reptiles but they usually decline)

I do agree that they are hyper little things but I feel like that is just how they are. I feel like they act just like how they do in the wild. I observe wild lorikeets and the ones I own do not seem to act any differently, maybe like a caique level of energy if I have to explain it.

Can anyone else chime in?

IMG_1243.jpeg IMG_1241.jpeg IMG_0836.jpeg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Totally agree they are naturally pretty busy hyper birds, love watching them do their own thing in the wild.
They give the cockatoos a run for their money, streal their food, hassle them for fun etc and not many other birds are game to annoy the cockatoos lol.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!