• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking to add another flock member

Status
Not open for further replies.

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
So it’s been a few months since Diego passed. We are looking to add another one to the flock.

I have experience with eclectus, African greys and conures. Anything close to that size as well.

I do have vet references if needed.

I currently have a crimson bellied conure who turns 2 in April. And a male plumhead parakeet who will be 4 in October.

My crimson bellied can be a brat to males but adores females. Not a deal breaker though.

I would prefer tame, but again, that is not a deal breaker in the slightest.
Noise isn’t either.

My birds are flighted and will always be flighted, however they are caged during the day and only have free reign when I’m home.

I do have dogs and kids, so they would need to be used to a hectic, loud and busy household.

I have been working with a local rescue but nothing has come through that fits, so I’m putting my feelers out for something in/around my area.

I’ve had a lot of heartache these past few years and my flock is missing a member. I feel like that’s what’s been missing. My two have been my saving grace.

I live near Raleigh, NC but can travel up to 2 hours. I’m aware this may take time. I’ve been working with my local rescue for almost 3 years. Please let me know if you have anymore questions or a potential flock member.

Thank you:pinkgrin:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I suggest you contact Phoenix Landing and adopt one of their birds. The organization is most active in your state.

Davi

Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
I have a crimson-bellied also and he too can be a brat, so I had to mention that :D

Good luck with your search for a new flock member!

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
I suggest you contact Phoenix Landing and adopt one of their birds. The organization is most active in your state.
I’m actively dealing with them. Nothing has come through. I mentioned that in the post but forgot to mention who the rescue is.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I wish you were closer! We have so many nice birds at the rescue here right now. Good luck with your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.