• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

looking for species to cohabitate with my bourkes parakeet

BourkesKid

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Moss
Hello. I am currently looking for a species to cohabitate with my bourkie Thistle. My other bourkie recently died and I am interested in a new species due to the manner of his death. My top two species purely based on aesthetics are star finches and a strawberry finches. Ideally, I would want a species almost at or above the intelligence of my current bird. I would like them to be friendly and social, fairly quiet (or at least not much louder than my current bird), and preferably not a species that forages on the ground. The ground foraging is the reason why I’m not getting another bourkes parrot. Any suggestions?

BourkesKid

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Moss
Hello. I am currently looking for a species to cohabitate with my bourkie Thistle. My other bourkie recently died and I am interested in a new species due to the manner of his death. My top two species purely based on aesthetics are star finches and a strawberry finches. Ideally, I would want a species almost at or above the intelligence of my current bird. I would like them to be friendly and social, fairly quiet (or at least not much louder than my current bird), and preferably not a species that forages on the ground. The ground foraging is the reason why I’m not getting another bourkes parrot. Any suggestions?
I forgot to add this, but ideally, I would like a bird with a relatively similar lifespan to a bourkie: 10-15 years.