• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for Cuban Amazon

trish5909

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Patricia
Hi there, I've just joined the forum but unfortunately not under happy circumstances. My husband and I recently decided to start breeding parrots (we have a farm where we breed & raise chickens, cattle, keep horses & bee hives plus I've also been a dog breeder).

We acquired a beautiful pair of young adult Cuban Amazons and left them at the breeder while we prepared our aviary. The male flew through an open door last week. I've contacted all the surrounding humane societies, avian vets, local schools and put posters up in the neighborhood but so far nothing. It turned very cold a few days ago and today we're having a snowstorm. I'm heartbroken and have run out of hope.

While I'm still going to register the bird as missing in as many lost bird registries as possible, I think my chances of getting him back are slim. Meanwhile, I still have the female. Does anyone know where I can buy another male for her? I'm in Canada and allowed to keep these birds. I'll do whatever paperwork is necessary and jump through all the administrative hoops to get another Cuban. What a terrible way to start my parrot raising adventure.