• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

looking for cat furniture for LARGE cats LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
wonder if Mr Charlie or someone could make a similar one with a wider seat?

shouldn't cost too much using carpet remnants, that type of thing

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson

What about something like this, so the bottom can hang over a little if needed.....

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
When we had cats I made one out of some particle board and carpet remnants. If I can make one I am sure your carpenter can do a better job than I did :)

Quest

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Judy
My cat Oliver has that first one
and he stays in it all the time. He's a
big yellow tiger striped cat and he fits
just fine. Of course he curls up.

flea

Checking out the neighborhood
Thread,
There are a few places that have quality cat furniture designed for large cats. newcatcondos.com has models specifically designed for large cats and if you go to overstock.com you will save even more on their furniture (Be sure to run a search for discount codes before buying, particularly for Overstock and for some reason they offer better deals on the weekends)). There is also Big Bear Condos, as well furniture on ebay and online designed for Maine Coons (The largest of all cat breeds). While all 3 have top quality cat furniture, New Cat Condos is by far the cheapest (No matter if you purchase directly from them or from Overstock). I just purchased 2 additional pieces myself. Don't be fooled by those huge multi piece cat condo/trees that you can buy for almost nothing...they are garbage, and unless your cat has been declawed,they will not last. The sites I mentioned have top quality pieces that will last and usually fully assembled. New Cat Condo also makes furniture that is not specifically designed for large cats, however, it will accommodate even the largest cat. A word of advice, stay away from the furniture covered in fur/fleece. That tends to be what all the lesser and low quality furniture is made of.
You should be good to go now,flea.

flea

Checking out the neighborhood
p.s I forgot to mention the original Cat Napper window perch. I've yet to known a cat that has not loved these. They will accommodate even the largest cat...or 2. They are very cheap $20-$25 and are sold everywhere. I do suggests you use some secured screws to anchor them into the wall instead of the velcro but you can't go wrong with these. Your cats will LOVE them!
flea

Status
Not open for further replies.