• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for book recommendations

BC2

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Bethany Castellanos
I'm looking to do some in-depth reading on cockatiels. I've read books on basic care and whatnot, but need books with specific information about origins, wild cockatiels, flock structure, what they eat (specifically) in the wild, etc.
I'm actually looking for books like this for several different kinds of species, but want to get started with cockatiels. The more recent the better!
Thanks for your help!

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
Same here!

Pipper

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Andy
I'd like such a book for these species:

1) Budgies
2) Cockatiels
3) Indian Ringnecks
4) Jenday Conures or Sun Conures (because their behavior and habitats will be very similar)

So far, although the books I have bought were written by professionals they are meant for pet birds. I'd like a comprehensive book about them in their native habitat. For the budgies and the cockatiels maybe searching google.au or amazon.au would give results. Amazon.br/google.br for jendays/suns, Amazon.in/google.in for Indian Ringnecks. The Brazilian one though is likely to be Portuguese only. The Indian one would likely be Hindi & English available if any were.