• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for blue and gold macaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveC

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Steve
I live between Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas. I'm looking to adopt a VERY hand tamed blue and gold macaw. The bird's sex is not an issue, as it will he a family pet for myself and my wife, and not for breeding purposes. I'm an experienced and responsible bird owner. I've owned, at some point in my life, everything from parakeets, to conures, to cockatoos, to macawas. I already have a nice large cage and toys for him/her.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Have you checked with any rescues near you? Most rescues seem to always have macaws in need of a good home.

baserock love

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Colin
I'm looking to adopt an amazon around your area and i'm seeing blue and gold macaws EVERYWHERE. Call Adventures in Birds in houston, they had literally like 6 or 7 blue and gold macaws when I volunteered there and I support anybody getting birds out of that awful place. Some were store inventory some were from their rescue.

Bird Haven has a blue and gold Adopt Me | Bird Haven

Birdlink has 2 https://birdlink.org/birds

Search both the pet community and for sale sections on craigslist I see blue and golds pop up frequently on htere and I'm pretty sure in the houston for sale second there's one right now.

cathybill7

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
There is a 28 yr old blue and gold macaw on east tx craigslist right now. I think it is in your area. The people have had it since 1989 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.