• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for a temporary home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
The program I was talking about offers free broading :) My mom use to work in victim services and is very aware of what services that are available in our area. People often aren't aware what help is out there for when they find themselves in difficult circumstances. I'm afraid I don't know what's available to you where you live. My advice to you is don't be afraid to reach out for legal aid or other services. Sometimes you'd be surprised what's available to you.

My worry about your landlord is he may not give you all your rights your entitled to or pull some shenanigans like locking you out when you still have the legal right to enter your apartment. I hope that's not the case and am glad to hear you're being bullied
And I certainly understand not wanting to support him. :)

Sorry I know this post is off topic. And I am giving you unsolicited advice that you may not want. I do really feel for your situation and just want what's best for you and pets :)

Last edited:

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is terrible! Good luck!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Are you sure you are being evicted for being homosexual? It is illegal on a Federal level.
It may not be but from watching the news, states don't give a fig about federal laws just like they didn't about segregation in Arkansas in 1957 . Plus how long would it take to go to court? If you have nowhere to live, no job and dependents (spouse or animals) what are you supposed to do?

Last edited:

kanth

Strolling the yard
The program I was talking about offers free broading :) My mom use to work in victim services and is very aware of what services that are available in our area. People often aren't aware what help is out there for when they find themselves in difficult circumstances. I'm afraid I don't know what's available to you where you live. My advice to you is don't be afraid to reach out for legal aid or other services. Sometimes you'd be surprised what's available to you.

My worry about your landlord is he may not give you all your rights your entitled to or pull some shenanigans like locking you out when you still have the legal right to enter your apartment. I hope that's not the case and am glad to hear you're being bullied
And I certainly understand not wanting to support him. :)

Sorry I know this post is off topic. And I am giving you unsolicited advice that you may not want. I do really feel for your situation and just want what's best for you and pets :)
I will definitely purse legal action if he does something like locking me out. I doubt he’d want to and I know I wouldn’t really want to, with my luck it’ll be all over the news and then bye bye privacy! haha

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I don't have much to add other than I hope you and your birds find a soft place to land. That's such garbage that you can get booted for being gay. It's a shame LGBT folk still get treated this way.

Hugs from an LGBT pal :bighug:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I really hope you manage to sort something out for your birds and you. I can not imagine the stress you are going through over this situation. People can be so horrible and unreasonable over the most ridiculous things.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I would be happy to help you out (or anyone else for that matter). I live in St Clair Shores, Michigan. My Ekkies have their own bedroom (12x14) and have enjoyed "guests" before. I have also owned budgies, cockatoos, & conures. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. :)

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
What you're being put through is so unbelievable. I'm simply in shock, and am saddened to know that this kind of pointless discrimination is still going on unchecked. To lose your home because of who you choose to love is absolutely WRONG.
I hope you can soon find a soft place for your babies to land, and that @EkkieLu could be the answer to your prayers.

kanth

Strolling the yard
I would be happy to help you out (or anyone else for that matter). I live in St Clair Shores, Michigan. My Ekkies have their own bedroom (12x14) and have enjoyed "guests" before. I have also owned budgies, cockatoos, & conures. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. :)
My eviction notice is up October 1st so wherever they end up going will be this weekend, if you could foster/adopt that soon it’d be great if not they’re going to a rescue

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I would be happy to foster your babies until you can take them home with you where they belong! Let's work out a plan to get them here.
That's so wonderful! I hope it works out.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Oh wow, this is such great news. All worked out just in time to make the arrangements. :dance4:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Awesome! I have started rearranging Lucy and Sergei's room so more cages will ease into place. I'm also going to make an appt at my avian vet to make sure everyone is healthy (Sergei and Lucy go every 3 months for beaks, nails and checkups). Storms are starting here too. Been raining heavy all day and the sky is very dark. I made birdie muffins (whole wheat flour, crushed nuts, diced bell peppers, dried cranberries, blueberries, and eggs) in case the power goes out and my fresh fruits and veggies spoil. Ekkies take their food very seriously!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Is there any chance that someone in Ohio near I75 could drive partway in this roadtrip? We need to get the fids from Nashville to outside Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.