• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for a quick opinion

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
The shafts of these are hollow and don't have any residual blood/pinkness to them, but the tips are blunt as opposed to pointed.

Plucked or molted? I just found them while cleaning this morning.

IMG_8254.jpeg
IMG_8253.jpeg

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
She may have been preening and pulled them. Is she going through a molt right now?

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
She may have been preening and pulled them. Is she going through a molt right now?
Not a big one, more like a few bits here and there. Lost a French fry yesterday, and a couple of small white head feathers. Nothing big from wings or tail, though even during her last big molt there weren't many of those.

CrazyKozmo

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rebecca
When my birds molt and then play with their feathers, they look like this....flattened tip.

Parutti

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cotton's are always shredded like string cheese before they ever come off his body so that's no help :roflmao:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
When my birds molt and then play with their feathers, they look like this....flattened tip.
I would agree with this one’s pico pulls are ones on his back and tail coming through shafts still on them and when he started I thought he was moulting there was a lot of feathers then a lot of white under feathers more than a big moult which is when I took him to vets
Then started seeing odd bits of skin it was his legs first but he’s let them grow back in then tail then back