• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for a home for a cat.

kaylayuh

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kaela
I took in a stray cat during an ice storm in March. It turns out she was pregnant and she birthed a six kitten litter in April. All of her kittens have homes, and now it's mama's turn. I don't want to turn her into a shelter and no one on my local craigslist wants her, so I'm hoping someone here might be able to help.

She's about 18 months old, on my best guess. I've taken her to the vet for various parasite issues (she was an outdoor stray from who knows where) and have spent about $800 on her care. She has not had vaccinations, but she is healthy and FeLV and FIV negative. She's been dewormed.

Lucy does have some food issues and requires a diet that is "limited ingredient." I generally use a higher quality food from PetSmart. She's done well on Simply Nourish and Eukanuba in the past.

I will be driving from NC to PA on August 21st. I can bring her to anyone within that I-95 cooridor. If you would like her, please message me and I'd love to talk to you a bit.

If this isn't the right place, please let me know!

Attachments

cupoftea

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anna
Wow, she's so adorable... wish I could take her.

Wulfgeist

Strolling the yard
95 goes right by me but sadly I'm over my limit already. Do you have any rescues in your area? There is one in this area called Dakota's Dream. They sponsor cats at Petsmart in Winchester and Martinsburg. I wouldn't take any cat to any shelter unless it's a guaranteed no kill. I've even heard of some vets who put down cats that are dropped off on their doorstep. :eek: