• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for a hanging playstand for my too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindsey

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lindsey
Anyone know of some good bird stores online that sell nice hanging playstands? I really don't like the PVC ones... Also, any tips to keep him ON the stand? He always wants to be with me... I know thats a too thing, but when I've got things going on, I'd like him to be able to be on his stand, and not caged up, but I can't be holding every second!!! Don't get me wrong, he gets a lot of one on one time daily, but there's times I don't want to put him back yet, but I don't want to hold him either... Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!!! :)

The Platinum Parrot

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lisa Bono
I've just enquired about the hanging bottle brush that wayne used to make. They are currently out of stock, BUT in the future(no date) they should be starting them up again.
They have Parrot Hanging Gyms and Flyers - Exotic Wood Dreams
but I have not seen them in person. I am considering contacting them to maybe bring in the line in the future.
That is about all that I am aware of at this time. If you find any others, please send them my way!

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
If you want natural wood, Exotic Wood Dreams makes the most BEAUTIFUL hanging stands I've ever seen :) You can view some photos on the website, but bear in mind that you must CALL to place an order. They don't accept orders over the internet (you can submit a form or email but it won't go to anybody).

Mother Pluckin' Bird Toys and Oliver's Garden both make beautiful cotton rope ones as well -- the Atom and the Oddball. I have one of each and they are both very high quality!

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Nani loves her jumbo atom from mpbt...we also have three of the bottle brush hanging gyms and they are great!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Tapatalk

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
There is one that was called The Kitchen Sink that came as both a floor stand and a hanging stand. Made of pvc and wood. Unfortunately don't remember where I saw it except Foster and Smith.

The Platinum Parrot

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lisa Bono
There is one that was called The Kitchen Sink that came as both a floor stand and a hanging stand. Made of pvc and wood. Unfortunately don't remember where I saw it except Foster and Smith.
I have one in the store. mine is only with the PVC tho? I'll have to look up the link.
I've heard good things about the atom too.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I have one in the store. mine is only with the PVC tho? I'll have to look up the link.
I've heard good things about the atom too.
Here is the link: Home Page . On their homepage they have pictures of Spix's and Lears macaws on their gyms.

Matt

The Platinum Parrot

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lisa Bono
Thats him....Jeff...nice guy....I remembered after I logged off for the evening. I've known him for 11 years now....the boings are the best you can find!

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
I've never really understood the appeal of a PVC stand, especially over a natural wood one :huh:

That is really neat that he has photos of Spix Macaws on his gyms though!!! :eek:

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I've never really understood the appeal of a PVC stand, especially over a natural wood one :huh:That is really neat that he has photos of Spix Macaws on his gyms though!!! :eek:
I also prefer the wood ones, however my. Mom does have a "kitchen sink" and het cockatoos do like all the turning bits :)

Chantilly Lace

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
Don't know if you want to make your own, but I made one like this:

Yahoo! Image Detail for - http://www.parrotforums.com/attachments/accessories-sale/437d1258501860-hanging-play-gym-100_3438.jpg

It took me less than an hour. I used rope I had on hand, dragon wood, and a pine rod from home depot. Was really easy! Paco loves it, and he does not like many hanging gyms because they are not steady enough. This one is heavy because of the dragon wood. He also cannot get off, because I hung it high. I have it in between my kitchen and living room, right next to another standing perch. Paco loves hanging and swinging from it.

Last edited:

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I've never really understood the appeal of a PVC stand, especially over a natural wood one :huh:

That is really neat that he has photos of Spix Macaws on his gyms though!!! :eek:
I think variety is great! Pvc. wood, rope, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.