• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for a breeder

Leslie Cole

Meeting neighbors
Curious on how to find a reputable breeder in my area. South East of Houston Tx near Galveston.

Leslie Cole

Meeting neighbors
Either a Caique or some type of Macaw - not sure which species of Macaw yet. Trying to learn more about the general personality differences first

Leslie Cole

Meeting neighbors
Thanks - I’ve actually decided on a Caique so that’s perfect.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Excellent choice! Although I've always wanted a macaw...

Leslie Cole

Meeting neighbors
Thanks - I think so too! I seriously thought about a macaw but after pondering it a lot I decided that probably wouldn’t be the best fit - those beaks are pretty intimidating lol. My first choice would be to try to find a rescue caique but if I can’t find one around here then I’m open to going with a breeder.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Those pics just made my morning, thank you!

They’re beautiful :heart:

@Leslie Cole good luck to you!
Thanks! Sergei is the most gentle birdie ever. In nearly 29 years he has never so much as nipped anyone. He just wants to sit on my shoulder, nuzzle my neck, and plant kisses every chance he gets! Lucy has got the red head temper big time. She's fine as long as she gets her own way, but do anything she doesn't like and Bam! Bloodshed!!! I've been working on this with her all the time.

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Awe Sergei is such a doll!

As a fellow redhead (thanks to hair dye for 10+ years) I can understand Lucy lol I’m sure she loves you and knows she’s a very lucky girl though! :joyful:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Awe Sergei is such a doll!

As a fellow redhead (thanks to hair dye for 10+ years) I can understand Lucy lol I’m sure she loves you and knows she’s a very lucky girl though! :joyful:
I spoil her terribly trying to stay on her good side. I honestly think she's working it to ensure she always gets exactly what she wants. Like a spoiled child screaming for a cookie, you finally give them the cookie just to shut them up!

Leslie Cole

Meeting neighbors
My neighbor has a female and I’ve only ever heard her scream when there is a loud noise from somewhere otherwise all she does is whistle to people. I love whistling back to her through the day. She has a large cage on their screened in porch so I can see her and “talk” to her all the time.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Lucy talks all the time. She rarely screams unless she's frightened of something. She calls Mama Come Here when she wants my attention!