• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for a birdie backpack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've looked into Pak-O-Bird, and those are pretty bulky. I've seen some on Amazon that are for cats and dogs, but I'm worried Java will chew right through the mesh. So I'm looking for one that is durable without being bulky. Java is 20-inches long from beak to tail, if that makes a difference. I'd like to be able to take him on walks and perhaps to a store without lugging around a large carrier.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Celti has a smaller model from the pakobird. it's called the GoGo. I have that one. They are made to wear the bird on your chest, not your back.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
There are some soft backpacks listed in the clearance section of Dr. Foster's Smith webpage. I purchased a couple of them yesterday after I'd realized we didn't have enough travel carriers for all our birds should we ever be asked to evacuate our home.

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
I've seen a rescue use the Bergan Comfort Carrier for their parrots. Its originally made for dogs, but because they come in different sizes, they work for birds if youre ok not having somewhere to perch inside (especially with special needs where that would be preferred). They are made really well, with lots of screened areas for viewing and a detachable mat for easier cleaning. I have seen them available on Amazon

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Celti has a smaller model from the pakobird. it's called the GoGo. I have that one. They are made to wear the bird on your chest, not your back.
I was looking at those but I couldn't find many examples of larger birds in them. Do you have any pictures you'd be willing to share? Java is 430g and his wingspan is about 32 inches

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.