1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Look what I'm taking care of....

Discussion in 'Critter Corner' started by Theresa, 6/11/19 at 12:02 PM.

1. Theresa

Theresa AKA TMS Administrator Chief of Police Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Six baby Opossums, mama got hit by a car and did not make it. People know I'm a sucker :banghead: so my daughter and I are taking care of them till I find someone with experience to take them :heart:
    It's amazing how much you can learn in a hurry when tiny little lives are at stake :wideyed:
    P1240511.JPG
    P1240527.JPG

2. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

So kind of you to help them. Hope they will all be OK.

faislaq and Theresa like this.
  3. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor

Shawna
    oh my gosh this cute little babes! :heart:

SandraK, faislaq and Theresa like this.
  4. Birdbabe

Birdbabe Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Omg! So freaking cute! I'll take half of them! Thank you for saving their lives! Is there a wildlife rehabilitation near you? I had a pet possum many years ago when I lived in ohio, she was a rescue, ate moist dog kibble and slept under the dining room table ,Matilda was her name..when she was fianally well enough, she walked off to the woods one day.:heart:

5. rockoko

rockoko Squawk and Meow! Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Martine
    Omg such adorable little babies! :fairy2:

6. Theresa

Theresa AKA TMS Administrator Chief of Police Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Thank you everyone, they are so sweet :heart: and I might be getting two more :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Some lady found two and she is trying to feed them tuna and cut up fruit :facepalm: I offered to add them to my bunch :banghead:

SandraK, Zara, Sarahmoluccan and 3 others like this.
  7. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Karen
    My sister once cared for a litter born in her garage. No idea what happened to their mother. She raised them til they were grown, then the wildlife folks had to relocate 'em. One seemed a bit slower than the rest so she got to keep him for almost 2 years before they found someplace he could be cared for by humans. (My sister wasn't supposed to have them in the city limits.)

I don't think hers were quite so young as yours. You and your daughter are angels for helping those sweet things. :heart:

Sylvester, SandraK, Zara and 3 others like this.
  8. Sarahmoluccan

Sarahmoluccan Biking along the boulevard Super Moderator Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award

Sarah
    They are so cute!! Thankyou for helping them :heart::hug8:

Theresa and faislaq like this.
  9. Theresa

Picked up the 2 new ones, got them to go potty. Both are in worse shape than mine, hoping to get them to take some pedialyte tonight if not the formula.

Zara, JLcribber, faislaq and 2 others like this.
  10. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Karen
    Oh no, I hope they'll take it.:fingerscrossed:

Theresa likes this.
  11. Theresa

The new babies (both girls) are doing much better :heart: I did find someone to take them, so they will be leaving us today or tomorrow :heart:

P1240537.JPG

P1240550.JPG

P1240585.JPG

12. hrafn

hrafn Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

Oh my goooosh! What a precious bunch of teeny darlings! :swoon:

Possums are so cute. Thank you so much for looking after them, and finding an experienced rehabber to take them in. You saved their lives!

13. Sarah Rose

Sarah Rose Meeting neighbors

Sarah
    Aww how precious! Thank you for taking care of them, they’re adorable!

14. Zara

Zara Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Zara
    Aw man, they are so cute! They have such little paws and big eyes! You and your daughter did great!
    Such a shame about their mum, what a cruel world❤

Theresa, faislaq and SandraK like this.
  15. Theresa

16. rockoko

rockoko Squawk and Meow! Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Martine
    faislaq likes this.
  17. faislaq

Karen
    :loltears: Beautiful darlings! Did anybody figure it out?

Theresa likes this.
  18. Birdbabe

Birdbabe Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Once again, thank you!!:heart:

19. Theresa

Yes! Next video :lol:

faislaq and rockoko like this.
  20. Theresa

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)