• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

long time parrolet breeding pair

woke up tp female dead with neck chewed up. sitting on 4 eggs. long time quiet proven pair. inside

• help

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • help

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sdloydmom

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
sheryl
woke up tp female dead with neck chewed up. sitting on 4 eggs. long time quiet proven pair. inside my house. what could of happrned? other pair right next undisturbed also sitting on eggs. put dead birds eggs in the others will that work out?

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Sorry to hear you lost one hen. :( Hard to say would *could* have happened. Is there any blood or anything on the male?

If the other pair will accept the eggs, then yes, you can put them under the other pair. If there are a lot of eggs, then you may need to pull chicks early as they begin to hatch and grow. How early may depend on how well the foster parents are taking care of the entire clutch.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
I am so sorry to hear this. With parrotlets they generally, go after one another's toes when they get violent. I think if there was a fight your female who be injured on her feet and around her beak. It may be that she died of unrelated causes and the male injured her trying to move her or wake her up.

How many eggs total does the second pair have. I have had parrotlets raise seven babies at a time before. 5 is your average as Monica says you may need to hand feed the older ones as the new ones hatch so the parents can keep up.