• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Long-Lost Macaws

Ranko77

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Ranko Petrovic
Hello! My name is Ranko Petrovic and I am looking for my two long-lost macaws (blue and gold macaw and a ruby macaw). I am an avid bird and parrot aficionado. I am reaching out because I would like to find my birds. I realize that this is a tall order, but I cannot live with myself without trying. In 1991, I bought a small three-week old blue and gold macaw from a local breeder in Chicago (her name was Atha). She sold me a bird early (a bird that was still feeding) in order for me to complete the process so it could bond with me. The baby was a godsend and we bonded instantly. We looked forward to adding to our flock and soon enough, Atha called me saying that she had a green wing macaw that had a bit of a defect, so she asked if I would take the baby and give it a loving home. What defect? Well, you see, her incubator pooped out and the baby’s beak grew crooked. Nonetheless, we had them both for the better part of three years… and then I moved to Europe. We were not sure how long we would be there, so boarding was not an option and, at the time, re-homing them seemed to be the only feasible option. I found a local bird aficionado through my veterinarian (Midwest Bird and Exotic Animal Hospital) and he picked them up.

I moved back to the states four years later, but, in the move, we lost the gentleman’s number. I know he split the birds up and the Ruby macaw with the crooked beak was rehomed, but I am not sure to who… I know he started a breeding program with the blue and gold, but I thought I’d try to see if anyone had any information on the two loves of my life. I would love to find them and hear about how they are doing. If anyone knows anyone from the Chicagoland area that got a pair of macaws from a young teenager, please reach out. I’d love to hear about them. Again, I know this is a tall order, but I thought I’d try.

Thank you all for reading!

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Welcome to the avenue!
Wishing you lots of luck, I will absolutely keep an eye open.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Hello and welcome! Best of luck to you!

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
I hope you can find them , and that they are happy, and if meant to be come back to you

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Just a thought, but have you checked the rescue centers in your area? It may be worth a shot.
I hope you can find them.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope you can find them. You never know. I help with a rescue. We had 2 cockatiels come to us in pretty rough shape. They both had unique names. We listed them for adoption and were contacted by a young adult man. He said, I think those are my birds from I was a kid. I gave them those names. For reasons that I no longer remember, his family made him rehome them many years before. Sure enough- those were his childhood birds. He adopted them, and they're now happily living with him.

DesertBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to the Avenue! I really hope you're able to locate your birds!