1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lonely eclectus

Discussion in 'Eclectus Alley' started by jeffryboy, 6/12/18.

1. jeffryboy

jeffryboy Checking out the neighborhood

Samantha
    Hi I’m new to avianavenue. I have one male eclectus 1yr old which my family and I adore. He had become friends with our older conure who is no longer with us:( it’s been a month or so and I think he’s lonely because he craves my attention more than usual. I was wondering if I should get another male or female eclectus? Or an entirely different type of parrot like grey or amazon?

2. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
  3. jeffryboy

jeffryboy Checking out the neighborhood

Samantha
    I create many different foraging toys for him and hide some of his food in cage so he has to look for it a bit and hang some so he has to work a bit for his food. Some natural branches in cage to chew on.

4. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Michelle
    I think it's best to match beak sizes for safety reasons. But if he liked a conure, maybe another conure? Or another Eclectus.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)