• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lonely eclectus

jeffryboy

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Samantha
Hi I’m new to avianavenue. I have one male eclectus 1yr old which my family and I adore. He had become friends with our older conure who is no longer with us:( it’s been a month or so and I think he’s lonely because he craves my attention more than usual. I was wondering if I should get another male or female eclectus? Or an entirely different type of parrot like grey or amazon?

jeffryboy

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Samantha
I create many different foraging toys for him and hide some of his food in cage so he has to look for it a bit and hang some so he has to work a bit for his food. Some natural branches in cage to chew on.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think it's best to match beak sizes for safety reasons. But if he liked a conure, maybe another conure? Or another Eclectus.

Aggie

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Poor little guy. Gosh its so hard. You could get another and it could be love or hate.

I caught up on a play date with another eckie. Based on what the owners said about their bird i thought the two should get on nicely. Personally and gentlness the same etc Well they kinda did get along on the day. The other one just played a lil rough but nothing serious in my opinion. Like he just wasnt as gentle beaked as my echo. Then next day my boy saw himself in mirror and thought it was the other eckie. He was petrified. Flew off screaming and then wouldn't go near mirror again.

We will do another play date on our turf this time to see what happens. But i guess birds are like people some like each other and some dont.

Can you bring your boy to choose who hes drawn too? This was suggested to me by breeder when i thought about getting my boy a girlfriend. We have now decided he's goung to be an only featherchild.