• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lola's Treasure Chest Foraging Toy

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
I've been working hard trying to get Lola to forage more but she isn't so enthused about working for food :o: As destructive as she is, she will NOT destroy paper foraging toys ... she licks them and head butts them, and doesn't comprehend the idea of destroying paper :o:p Then there's my crazy paranoia about plastics (polycarbonate and PVC in particular) which makes me unwilling to use the popular CFS foraging toys... so I was SOO pleased to find these Parrot Island acrylic ones!! They were really really pricey, so I was hesitant, but I am soo glad I took the plunge. Lola adores them!!

I also got this cool side-to-side one because the regular one is getting a bit too easy for her :dance4:

Sorry about the quality of the photos and videos. Something is wrong with the settings on my camera :(

Attempt 1: she doesn't really get it

Success! She's a pro!! :dance4:

Last edited:

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
These are really nice, I have seen them before too. Mybirdsafestore has some too I noticed. FORAGING TOYS by MY BIRD SAFE STORE
Yes, those are the ones I was talking about when I mentioned my paranoia :o: Those are really nice toys, but they are made of polycarbonate, not acrylic. They're also priced much better!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I love those acrylic ones from Parrot Island but the price is enough to make you want to faint! LOL!

tibanks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tina
Looks like she get's the idea of using them..Glad they've worked out.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Oh how adorable!!! :heart: Lola!!!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Those are nice, Ruby has one. I replaced the two plastic washers with a SS one so it mounted more securely.

Status
Not open for further replies.