• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lola's First Photo!! (Cape Parrot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bunkybird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Trish
Lola is absoulutely BEAUTIFUL :heart: If I ever get another bird it will def be a Cape~ :dance4: Until then~~ keep on posting pics/videos I just love em'
:highfive:

rikkitikki

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
@Jen - Thanks! You answered a question that I didn't even finish asking, the telling two different birds apart in pictures! :D
Coco - lol, sorry, not trying to steal your thread, hope you don't mind sharing a small piece ;)

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco

Carol S.

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Lola is so pretty. Lots more orange on her cheeks than my Fannie. I love seeing the cape numbers go up on the boards. I just wanted to share a bit of wisdom about my bird in particular, try to really socialize her with alot of people. Unfortunately my cape will lunge at everyone except me. She is so super gentle and snuggly and sweet with me but no one else. Part of the problem is I have young kids around and when she would do the normal mouthing to them they would way over react so she figured, hey, look at the power I have with my beak! So she's been tripping on this power trip since. I just need someone brave enough to take her on but so far no one has stepped up. She tried it with me in the beginning too but I just scooped her up, held her close then she got over it. Never, never, never bites me now. Im not saying she never will but she is very sweet with me. She's funny, gets into tons of trouble if not supervised and likes to tease my other birds. She is the ultimate destroyer of all toys. She is an escape artist and is afraid of nothing.

I would love to see more pics and videos so we can chat about all things cape. I love 'em! Where did you get yours? and for the record I paid almost $2000.00 for Fannie:omg:.

Congrats!

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
All of you Cape Parronts are making me crazy with your beauties---The person I acquired my sun and budgie from had one Cape baby (she handfeeds and socalizes) and I think she was hinting that the bird hadn't had a prospective "owner" yet. More and more I'm regretting not jumping up and taking that bird home. However, she went to a great home.

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
Carol- Lola and Capri are sisters and came from a breeder in Indiana named Maggie Tarleton. She was wonderful! Her males are $1400 and females $1600.

My sisters were exposed to Mia (who hates everyone) and of course Summer, so they're used to the big beaks and they looooove Capri.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Thanks Joanna for answering for me :) In case you're curious, Maggie's aviary is called Wing Nuts and this is her website: Wing Nuts Aviary - Happy, healthy, handfed companion parrots.

Lola so far has been GREAT with other people. My sisters came to visit this past week and she loooved them, just loved the attention. She will be meeting my boyfriend in a few weeks and I hope it goes just as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.