• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Lola [Cape] Says Hello!

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
It's been a little while, but Lola just wanted to pop in and say hello to everybody. Any fun weekend plans? :) We are expecting lovely weather so Lola is hoping that means a hike or something else outdoors!

IMG_4525.JPG

IMG_4528.JPG

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Pretty Lola!

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi Lola!

I also wanted to thank you - I found your blog when I was researching parrots, and really liked your approach. Thank you for helping me decide to bring Leia into my life!

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Hi Lola!

I also wanted to thank you - I found your blog when I was researching parrots, and really liked your approach. Thank you for helping me decide to bring Leia into my life!
What is her blog’s name? I didn’t know she had one, I would love to read it!

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It's 4 degrees here with windchill, and 8-12" are expected from Monday night to Wednesday morning, so we have no fun outdoor activities planned, maybe snow blowing. Yippee! Enjoy your nice weather and the lovely Lola.

I was sorry to see that Scott Lewis had passed away in your blog! I didn't know that. I spoke to him several times and almost bought a cape. He was a good guy and a quality breeder.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Lola looks great!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Lola is looking beautiful. Welcome back to the flock.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Hi there Lola, beautiful girl!

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Lola says thank you all! :heart: It's good to be back.

Hi Lola!

What is her blog’s name? I didn’t know she had one, I would love to read it!

Thank you so much @tka :) Unfortunately the site on which I hosted all my photos decided to start charging an insane fee and stopped allowing remote linking, so a lot of the entries are just text now. I'm working on fixing it back up and replacing all the photo links, but it's going to take us a while. Once I can get the photos back up, I'm hoping to start writing again. Lola and I have lots to say about living on the west coast and our adventures here!

It's 4 degrees here with windchill, and 8-12" are expected from Monday night to Wednesday morning, so we have no fun outdoor activities planned, maybe snow blowing. Yippee! Enjoy your nice weather and the lovely Lola.

I was sorry to see that Scott Lewis had passed away in your blog! I didn't know that. I spoke to him several times and almost bought a cape. He was a good guy and a quality breeder.

:omg: That weather... that is why we moved to California!!! I'm not built for that kind of cold. :laugh:

Yes... Scott Lewis passing was so, so sad and such a loss for the Cape community :( He was also such a lovely man and had a wicked sense of humor. I think of him often.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you so much @tka :) Unfortunately the site on which I hosted all my photos decided to start charging an insane fee and stopped allowing remote linking, so a lot of the entries are just text now. I'm working on fixing it back up and replacing all the photo links, but it's going to take us a while. Once I can get the photos back up, I'm hoping to start writing again. Lola and I have lots to say about living on the west coast and our adventures here!
I hope you find somewhere new to transfer your photos! I'd love to hear about your west coast adventures and how you've been getting on since your move.

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome back.
Lola looks great.
Do you like living in CA?
I remember talking to Scott a few years back when I was considering purchasing a Cape. Very nice man.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Welcome back.
Lola looks great.
Do you like living in CA?
I remember talking to Scott a few years back when I was considering purchasing a Cape. Very nice man.

We love, love, love it! We were outside for a long while today, enjoying the 75 degree sunny weather. (Three years ago, I was trapped inside in February weathering the polar vortex.) I've discovered that I actually like hiking when it's not ridiculously humid out like it is during east coast summers. Lola, too! (Or, she puts up with shorter hikes.) We might even try camping for the first time with her some time this year. California has been very good to us, and it's so beautiful, too. :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great that you are loving it. Love the weather here, too, but I'd like to find somewhere else to live....less traffic, fewer rude drivers who don't believe in obeying the rules of the road, lower taxes, less expensive housing where you can get more for your $$.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Great that you are loving it. Love the weather here, too, but I'd like to find somewhere else to live....less traffic, fewer rude drivers who don't believe in obeying the rules of the road, lower taxes, less expensive housing where you can get more for your $$.
Didn't realize you were a California resident too! Cost of housing is kind of insane (in San Francisco, at least), but we came from Manhattan, so we weren't too shocked. We're actually thinking of moving to Southern California because of the housing market. My parents laughed at us and said the only people who would think the housing market in Southern California is affordable are people from the Bay Area. :rolleyes:
Have you been to Texas? My sister loves Austin, and the weather there doesn't get too cold either. Certainly much more affordable as well.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
SF is expensive but Southern CA isn't any better although there are some new developments many miles east and southeast of LA that are less $$ but those prices are going up, too, and quickly. Can definitely get more for your money in TX as well as AZ. Only time I was in TX was when we drove through it on the way to CA. I have friends in AZ who want me to move there but I have a feeling that once the husband retires they might move somewhere else. Going from Manhattan to SF not that different, per se, except the weather??