• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Loki's Mutation?

DoubleTake

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
All the mutation experts. Loki is a year old now and has changed colors. What mutation do you think she is? The first 3 were taken today but there was an overcast.

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
I havent see anfsurfer in forever.

Some have said turquoise violet, violet turquoise and turquoise with a violet factor. Not sure if they all mean the same thing? Looking for a consistent answer

Last edited:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I thought "is that Loki??" although since she's not my bird there are subtle details I don't notice.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Yeah I've seen that pic too. Idk lol, I bought the harness that is made by that site but not sure on the credibility as far as mutation knowledge goes.
Understandable!

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Loki's color is 100% Turquoise.
As for Violet and Dark Factors, it's very tricky for anyone to know for sure unless the breeder knew.
I say that because a Single Dark Factor on a Turquoise can look the same as a Single Violet Factor. And a Single Violet Factor with a Single Dark Factor can look like a Double Factor Violet with no Dark Factors.
If you understand genetics you can sometimes get your answers by the offspring from certain pairings.
But Loki is a hard one to call for me. If I had to guess...I'd say Turquoise with 2 Violet Factors (DF Violet Turquoise). That's just my guess.
He sure is cute though. :)

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Loki's color is 100% Turquoise.
As for Violet and Dark Factors, it's very tricky for anyone to know for sure unless the breeder knew.
I say that because a Single Dark Factor on a Turquoise can look the same as a Single Violet Factor. And a Single Violet Factor with a Single Dark Factor can look like a Double Factor Violet with no Dark Factors.
If you understand genetics you can sometimes get your answers by the offspring from certain pairings.
But Loki is a hard one to call for me. If I had to guess...I'd say Turquoise with 2 Violet Factors (DF Violet Turquoise). That's just my guess.
He sure is cute though. :)
Welcome back from the dead :fairy2: