• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Loki smells like caramel today

Maybelline

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Maybelline
Hello! It's been a while since I've been here but Loki is doing well so far and seems to like us more and more each day! She normally smells slightly musty, like a wet bird but much milder, and her musk gets stronger after taking a bath. I'm not so fond of that wet bird smell but I suppose it's normal?

And then today she was just sitting on my shoulder when I caught a whiff of caramel! I thought it was my mom cooking something in the kitchen, but she wasn't. I took another couple of sniffs of Loki, and concluded that the delicious caramel smell is indeed coming from her. Lol.

Anyone else's lovebirds also smell like that (or others)?

20180514_183218.jpg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She's so cute!

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
Has she eaten or gotten into something that would make her smell different? In humans, there are metabolic disorders that present with particular odors (for instance, maple syrup urine disease, or sweet smelling urine with diabetes). If you don't hear from others that this is scent is normal, I'd look into this further with an experienced vet.

Maybelline

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Maybelline
@Fia Baby no i dont think so. I realised she could have had some sweet smells rubbed off on her feathers from a box I let her play with, which used to store packets of dried sour plums... today she did not play with it and the smell is not there again haha...

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
I just love her coloring........she looks like Sherbet. She is adorable........and to think she smells like caramel and is adorable. Too cute.