• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Local Pet Shop Sunnie

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph

It's a really nice local bird store that I like to visit because I miss seeing the birds in the "rescue" I used to go to. Sam isn't a cuddler, and I understand completely and I don't expect or ask him to be. But, it is fun to experience babies for the first time. They're all vet checked and the owners of the store, from what I've read, have worked with rescues.

I've loved conures for a while but, there was no way I could get one. There was a GCC named Randy I used to visit up North, he was on consignment in a Pets Mart I used to shop and had I the money, at that time, I probably would have taken him home.

This little Sunnie stole my heart, I couldn't get him, and being paranoid, I had to change my clothes at my mom's before I went home but, my goodness I wanted to bring him home. Lol!! I'm sure when the time is right, I'll find one at a rescue, but it was a really great experience. He kept flying back to me, even when my SO tried to get him to step up he came back to me LOL. He cuddled up under my chin, closed his eyes when I scritched his head. When he had to go back (they had Harrisons Treats cheaper than anywhere else) my boyfriend tried to put him back, he flew back to me. It made me sad to put him back because he kept trying to walk up my arm. He was such a loving little baby and really sweet.

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
What a cutie! I just love sunnies! Hope you are able to get a bird soon!

Thank you! It'll probably be a year or two before it'll happen if it does, I'm in no rush, my macaw keeps me on my toes, lol. I like the idea of having a more hands on bird, but I'm a bit hesitant mixing a big beak with a little beak.