• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Little bit of this..Little bit of that

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am trying out the new freeze dried @Nikomania Bodacious Summer Tropical Medley and Bodacious Birdie Chop along with Kady's regular dinner tonight. I hope the picture aptly shows the color and freshness of the freeze dried squash, pepper, peaches, strawberry etc. that is on top of his regular dinner of re-hydrated Avian Naturals products and several sprouted items; almonds, buckwheat, millet, lentils, etc. This is my 1st. time using freeze dried items and I am very impressed.

Last edited:

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Oh my goodness! Thank you for sharing a picture of the goodies, Karen. :bliss:You have just made my day!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Looks yum!!!

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I couldn't resist snapping another picture of tonight's dinner. @Nikomania I am loving the look of the freeze dried. I am able to easily recognize all the foods. They look like I just chopped them up; summer squash, zucchini, bell peppers, jalapeno, butternut squash, apples, blueberries, strawberries, etc.

I may have over-done the portion size! I think I need a few more birds to finish dinner tonight.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Wow - that looks really good. My DIL would jump right in and eat that up.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I couldn't resist snapping another picture of tonight's dinner. @Nikomania I am loving the look of the freeze dried. I am able to easily recognize all the foods. They look like I just chopped them up; summer squash, zucchini, bell peppers, jalapeno, butternut squash, apples, blueberries, strawberries, etc.

I may have over-done the portion size! I think I need a few more birds to finish dinner tonight.

That yellow! :omg:

Could never dehydrate & get that color except on a Bean/Lentil & I think it's that skin like quality they have. Never on a Frt, or Veg tho! Danita was spot on when she explained the rehydration to me. Like I ever questioned the Queen if the freeze dry!!! Sorry @Nikomania , she's the one that's been teaching me the difference. Really beautiful!

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
@Rain Bow No apologies needed! :)

@Karen that picture looks scrumptious! Rehydrated freeze dried food is a beautiful thing!
If you've made too much, you can refrigerate the rehydrated leftovers if they've been left out for less than 4 hours max.

I will be unloading a new fall chop line from my freeze dryers tomorrow. ;)Can't wait!