• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lipstick and flying dishes, just another day with Elvis

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So, this post is why you always need to be diligent with Elvis. Which I know but I still slip. Sigh. So, as many of you know, Elvis is obsessed with my cupboards. The kitchen is part of his flight route and this bird needs to fly. He really does. So, I let him go in there unless I'm cooking, of course. I finally gave up on keeping him out of the cupboards. (Yes, that's probably bad of me.) And gave him his own cupboard. All the other cupboards are tied shut. But one is his. He can open and shut the door. Go inside. Play with his toys, etc. So yesterday, I had to take a phone call and thought Elvis was just in his cupboard. Then I hear a crash. He has of course, chewed through the tie of one of the other cupboards and has thrown a fiesta ware bowl into the sink which is like 3 feet away. I have no idea how it didn't break or how he could lift it and throw it like that. So now, I have to get ready to leave the house, so I decide just to take Elvis upstairs with me. He normally hangs out on the mirror in the bathroom while I do my makeup, etc. I leave him alone for 20 seconds- that's all- to grab a pair of earring from the bedroom. And in that 20 seconds, Elvis has flown down to the counter, taken off the lid of my brand new lipstick and stuck his beak in it. He didn't really bite it. But now his beak is covered in lipstick and everything he now bites leaves a lipstick mark because he has some up under his beak. So I now have little beak lipstick marks everywhere that I have to clean. And I know better! I do..... So that was a glimpse of about 25 minutes in the life of Elvis....

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Good boy!!! :D

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
...expected behavior from Elvis...:cool:

That featherbutt is something else...;)

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
:rofl:I know it’s not funny, but I keep picturing Elvis with lipstick!
And I'm thinking this girl needs a bottle of wine!

Elvis is like my grandsons!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Photos please!
Pictures of the beak marks at least? :xflove:
I should have taken pics. I was running late and didn't think about it. I had tickets to see Hamilton - :excited1:. And was just trying to get out the door. I'm sure there will another picture-worthy mishap soon. There always is..........

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:rofl: That is funny...

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Again all I got is :embarassed: and I also can say Elvis sounds just like my Kai in that I also gave him his own kitchen cabinet my
Family thought I was nuts. But they also realize it’s all about keeping Kai happy :rolleyes:
I am so happy you told me that. I was questioning my decision but it really does make him happy. And I'm not constantly chasing him away from the cupboards now.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Dannnnng - sometimes it's even hard for ME to get those cosmetics open! Good job Elvis.. LOL. Do they make cosmetics with childproof lids? Oh, nevermind, Elvis would take that as a challenge!