• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linnie Poop

aqualover9

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Adriana
This is a weird topic, but could you guys send pictures of how big your linnie's poop tend to be? I heard they resemble an Amazon's and they're really hard to wipe odd once dry. Could you guys give me some suggestions on this? Also, I've been considering potty training due to it. Is this harmful to the bird?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Linnie droppings are definitely disproportionately large compared to other birds their size. I'd say about a good teaspoon whereas my lovebird is like a pencil eraser. And they tend to be more liquid. For some reason my boys are completely able to poop outside their cage, like on the wall, or onto the seed guard. I do find it more difficult to clean once dry, I soak their grate weekly in the bathtub and use enzymatic cleaner for the actual cage. And I have to use the grate because they actually will go to the bottom of their cage and try to get at dropped treats, they're pigs! I change their paper every few days because I find their poop does get kind of smelly especially when it's old and they get a bath which gets the dried poop moistened. Bathing linnies is particularly adorable, though, they like a spray bottle and they hang upside down with their wings open for the water! I love my boys, don't get me wrong, just being upfront about some of the not great stuff along with the good stuff. The good is I love their sweet faces and how intently they listen when I talk to them, and they walk different than other birds, and their weird little monkey noises.

aqualover9

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Adriana
Linnie droppings are definitely disproportionately large compared to other birds their size. I'd say about a good teaspoon whereas my lovebird is like a pencil eraser. And they tend to be more liquid. For some reason my boys are completely able to poop outside their cage, like on the wall, or onto the seed guard. I do find it more difficult to clean once dry, I soak their grate weekly in the bathtub and use enzymatic cleaner for the actual cage. And I have to use the grate because they actually will go to the bottom of their cage and try to get at dropped treats, they're pigs! I change their paper every few days because I find their poop does get kind of smelly especially when it's old and they get a bath which gets the dried poop moistened. Bathing linnies is particularly adorable, though, they like a spray bottle and they hang upside down with their wings open for the water! I love my boys, don't get me wrong, just being upfront about some of the not great stuff along with the good stuff. The good is I love their sweet faces and how intently they listen when I talk to them, and they walk different than other birds, and their weird little monkey noises.
Thanks so much for your detailed experience!