• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Lilac Crowned Amazon

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
You only have two so there's always room for one more or perhaps two or three more. :D
Nah. All 3 of us love the hubby (although 2 of them don't show it yet).

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Nah. All 3 of us love the hubby (although 2 of them don't show it yet).
:laugh:
Wonder which 2 that might be? :D

Have you gone UP yet? I have flight cages on top of flight cages. :smuggrin:
I stacked some cages at one time but I don't do that any more. With all of your finches I am sure you have a lot more birds than I do. My birds are spread out into multiple rooms.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How can you tell the difference between a Mexican Red and a Lilac Crown? I know that this guy is an LCA but they look very similar. I've read a few things online but wonder if anyone has both to compare or has seen both up close and personal.

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I always have a hard time with babies. With adults, its easier. The red forehead is more of a maroon and it doesn't extend much if any over the front edge of the eye. Mexican red heads have a more vibrant red and it goes over the top of the head and past the back edge of the eye. Also, some lilac crowns have so much lilac its like they are hooded with it. Red heads don't have as much.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I stacked some cages at one time but I don't do that any more. With all of your finches I am sure you have a lot more birds than I do. My birds are spread out into multiple rooms.
The multiplier is 2.7. But that’s because you haven’t gone lilac crowned yet.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I always have a hard time with babies. With adults, its easier. The red forehead is more of a maroon and it doesn't extend much if any over the front edge of the eye. Mexican red heads have a more vibrant red and it goes over the top of the head and past the back edge of the eye. Also, some lilac crowns have so much lilac its like they are hooded with it. Red heads don't have as much.
Thanks. I've seen photos of several LCAs with the lilac hood-like appearance. It's very striking, IMO.
The multiplier is 2.7. But that’s because you haven’t gone lilac crowned yet.
Hahahaha....based on your math you have a fractional bird. :D

Doctress

Strolling the yard
LCAs are the best! Taco is very mellow, adjusts to environmental changes well, not very loud (occasional flock calls and alerts). He is particular about his cage and his schedule- when lights are on/off and blinds closed.

He cares a lot about his flock- he gets worried if we’re sick, even goes on a quest to find us and make sure we’re ok. He alerted me to Georgie’s illness by flying on her cage and pointing at her with his beak.

He has been tame- loved my ex husband and grandmother. Doesn’t let me pick him up or pet, but he will come out of the cage to chat. He greets most people with a hearty “HI!!!”

And he is gorgeous! I think all LCAs have a pleasant expression. He’s a vibrant boy, that hasn’t changed in his older age

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Congratulations on your baby zon, @iamwhoiam! :swoon: What have you decided to name him?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
LCAs are the best! Taco is very mellow, adjusts to environmental changes well, not very loud (occasional flock calls and alerts). He is particular about his cage and his schedule- when lights are on/off and blinds closed.

He cares a lot about his flock- he gets worried if we’re sick, even goes on a quest to find us and make sure we’re ok. He alerted me to Georgie’s illness by flying on her cage and pointing at her with his beak.

He has been tame- loved my ex husband and grandmother. Doesn’t let me pick him up or pet, but he will come out of the cage to chat. He greets most people with a hearty “HI!!!”

And he is gorgeous! I think all LCAs have a pleasant expression. He’s a vibrant boy, that hasn’t changed in his older age

Thanks for the info. I keep reading about how sweet they generally are. My vet has a few other ones that are probably about a year old plus but they are not very nice. Taco sounds like a wonderful bird. Maybe some day he will let you handle him.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Last edited:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:p
So you will be purchasing that new house for me so I will have more space? Thank you so much. I'll let you know when I find the one I want.

This looks like a very spacious home and I love the landscaping and it's dropped in price, too. What a bargain!
https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sa...,-118.534928,33.882102,-119.10141_rect/10_zm/

I like it! We can all chip in and live there like a giant AA commune. :laugh: It's so huge we might not even know how many members are living there!

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've yet to meet one but based on what I've read, LCAs are one of my favourite Amazon species.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've yet to meet one but based on what I've read, LCAs are one of my favourite Amazon species.
Why is this your favorite species of Amazon? Is it because they are generally sweet and don't have the "hot" personalities of some other Amazons.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
You know.... if you want to fit in with the "Red Hat Society"... you must have a bird with purple on it to fit in with the crowd of ladies! You'd be a stand out for sure!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You know.... if you want to fit in with the "Red Hat Society"... you must have a bird with purple on it to fit in with the crowd of ladies! You'd be a stand out for sure!
That is not going to work to enable me since I have no interest in the "Red Hat Society". However maybe they would like an LCA as a mascot.