• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lilac Crowned Amazon Roll Call?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So this weekend at a rescue event I got to spend time with a Lilac Crowned Amazon and completely fell in love with him. (And he actually belonged to someone. So not up for adoption before everyone here starts saying "get him" ;)). I was always a bit fearful of Amazons, not sure why- until now. Now I completely get why so many people love them. And he had such pretty colors. He is the first Lilac Crowned I've seen in person. We have to have some members here with them, right? I would love to hear stories and see pics. :) Is there much of a difference between them and other Amazons (other than coloring)? (And no, I'm still not getting one- Elvis keeps me busy enough. :)

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My very first bird in the mid 1970's was a wild caught LCA that I named Holly. She was sweet, a little reserved but not bitey and got along well with the GW macaw and OWA that quickly followed. A year later I fostered another LCA that was similar to Holly. Based on my experience LCAs are more gentle than the Hot 3. My friend's YHA scared me to death, chasing me all around her house once.

I've posted these pics before I think, but I love them.

upload_2019-7-9_15-36-11.jpeg upload_2019-7-9_15-37-25.jpeg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
My very first bird in the mid 1970's was a wild caught LCA that I named Holly. She was sweet, a little reserved but not bitey and got along well with the GW macaw and OWA that quickly followed. A year later I fostered another LCA that was similar to Holly. Based on my experience LCAs are more gentle than the Hot 3. My friend's YHA scared me to death, chasing me all around her house once.

View attachment 309250 View attachment 309251
Love the pics! :heart:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
I've never seen one but scared to (may fit in my purse).

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I wish I had one!

@Gen120 she has the ever so lovely Sammy :heart:
Just now seeing this haha! Yes, I have my beautiful baby Sammy! I've had her since 2006, a rescue and was abused before I got her. She was my very first large bird and I had basically no experience with large parrots. I knew when I saw her I had to rescue her, regardless. I promised her I'd do the best I could for her with taming her and making her happy. She adores me and I'm the only person she allows to handle her. Amazons are one of my favorite species by far!!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Just now seeing this haha! Yes, I have my beautiful baby Sammy! I've had her since 2006, a rescue and was abused before I got her. She was my very first large bird and I had basically no experience with large parrots. I knew when I saw her I had to rescue her, regardless. I promised her I'd do the best I could for her with taming her and making her happy. She adores me and I'm the only person she allows to handle her. Amazons are one of my favorite species by far!!
You must post pictures!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael

View attachment 309250 View attachment 309251

Lilac Amazon's I've come across all have been sweeties, good natured. If one came back up in a rescue I'd be very tempted to take it home. Just haven't seen one pop up in a while.
Nice Amazon there!

KiaTheMacaw

Moving in
Real Name
Mike
We have one - Ollie is a little clown - still a baby at ~ 4 mo's old. He and Gracie are already best friends. They're awesome birds - both very friendly and hilarious most of the time, very talkative.

Attachments