1. ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  2. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Life is forcing me to rehome my DYH Amazon family member Chloe, please help.

Discussion in 'Rehome Highway' started by chloebirdlove, 8/3/18.

1. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Michelle
    You are evil. ;) Tempting me with that cutie. But with Howie's surgery coming up, I'm in no position to take in a bird right now. Elvis is even going to stay with cassiesdad for awhile again. But I would definitely help with transport if someone can take her or if the rescue is an option.

2. Wasabisaurus

Wasabisaurus Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Mother Monster
    I’m in Delaware. If I can help with transport, I’ll see if we can work it out. Husband would not want another bird. Somedays I wonder why I got married.....anyway, Wasabi would go even more crazy with another Amazon in the house. :meh:

Pugwinkle, TikiMyn, Lady Jane and 5 others like this.
  3. Clueless

Clueless Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

@jmfleish

Use her for a LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG transport, that's how Secret and MC got their home with us. A 2 hour drive.....

4. WallyLoopey

WallyLoopey Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Veteran

Kate
    I would love to take the sweetie in but looks like I am 20 hours away.
    Dyh amazons are my thing, have had them since I was 14. All my birds live cage free and are never clipped.
    It really is too bad we are so far apart.

5. Clueless

Clueless Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Hmmmmmm

SandraK and WallyLoopey like this.
  6. WallyLoopey

Kate
    Hmmmm? Lol

SandraK likes this.
  7. hrafn

hrafn Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award

If only you were in Canada!! Or even in the west! :crycry2:

Pugwinkle likes this.
  8. Clueless

If it worked out between you, couldn't she fly to you? INSIDE the cabin under a seat?

Just-passn-thru and Pugwinkle like this.
  9. WallyLoopey

Kate
    Who would fly with the bird?

I have had birds shipped before to me and never had a problem.

I myself am terrified of flying. Go figure LOL!

I don’t mind paying the airfare for bird, but the poster would probably rather the bird go to someone local than send it on a plane.

Pugwinkle and sunnysmom like this.
  10. jmfleish

jmfleish Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Premium Vendor Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Jen
    Jon and I talked about it and we could take her in if no one else would, I just worry about the good Amazon vibe we have going. We're also taking in his older brother who will most likely be moving into our condo in the next month or so as they prepare to sell the family home. Lots going on with us right now.

11. chloebirdlove

chloebirdlove Moving in

Sorry I haven’t been on in a little bit, but I haven’t been getting emails that people were still active on this thread and thought it got buried.

Also, I can’t seem to reply to a specific comment, but rather it just comments in the thread. Is that normal?

12. SandraK

SandraK Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Suburb of Chicago.Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
    Sandra
    If you're trying to comment privately you need to click on that persons name and start a conversation with them. It won't show on the thread.

13. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Michelle
    You probably don't have enough posts to get private messages from people. I think you have to have 25?

14. zoo mom

zoo mom Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Smell

Elaine

I think you have to have 20 posts to send a private message to an individual. You should be able to send one to an administrator and communicate that way. @Macawnutz is a good one to contact for help with communication. Or go to the photo forum and comment on all the cute pictures to get your post count up.

Clueless likes this.
  15. Clueless

You need a certain number of posts to send private messages.

You can always welcome new members.....

SandraK likes this.
  16. jmfleish

jmfleish Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Premium Vendor Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Jen
    You can quote what people say like I just did by hitting the quote button on the lower left corner of every post.

chloebirdlove, SandraK and Clueless like this.
  17. chloebirdlove

chloebirdlove Moving in

Hi everyone,

I'm just checking in hoping this will bump the post up (if thats how it works). I'm still looking for a good home for Chloe. Thank you all for your help so far!

Shezbug and SandraK like this.
  18. sunnysmom

Michelle
    I'm willing to help transport if there's anyone that can take her.

SandraK, chloebirdlove and Shezbug like this.
  19. NirAntae

NirAntae Walking the driveway

Jennie
    So, I talked to my spouse. If you can't find a better (and closer!) home for her, I can take her; spouse isn't 'enthusiastic', but willing. :unsure: (Bad early bird experiences.) We would definitely have to see if we can get a transport train together, though, at least for a fair portion of the distance; it's a loooong way from Boston to NW Indiana, and spouse only really has Sundays off work (and thus the car free).

20. sunnysmom

Michelle
    That's great!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)