• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Life is forcing me to rehome my DYH Amazon family member Chloe, please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
You! Maybe Chloe would take to Howie and you would each have a bird to love!:) If the match didn't work out, she could always go to the rescue but you never know! You know how I ended up with Amarillo, my DYHA right???? Never had an Amazon in my life and didn't even know an Amazon would be a bird I would consider but Tanya sucked me in with pictures and I went to meet her and it was love at first sight! I spent the day with her and she came home with me and here we are seven years later with Amazons and Cockatoos...all because of one innocent little DYHA girlie!:) She's awesome and I would have never even known it!:)

View attachment 283456
You are evil. ;) Tempting me with that cutie. But with Howie's surgery coming up, I'm in no position to take in a bird right now. Elvis is even going to stay with cassiesdad for awhile again. But I would definitely help with transport if someone can take her or if the rescue is an option.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m in Delaware. If I can help with transport, I’ll see if we can work it out. Husband would not want another bird. Somedays I wonder why I got married.....anyway, Wasabi would go even more crazy with another Amazon in the house. :meh:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
You are evil. ;) Tempting me with that cutie. But with Howie's surgery coming up, I'm in no position to take in a bird right now. Elvis is even going to stay with cassiesdad for awhile again. But I would definitely help with transport if someone can take her or if the rescue is an option.
@jmfleish

Use her for a LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG transport, that's how Secret and MC got their home with us. A 2 hour drive.....

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
I would love to take the sweetie in but looks like I am 20 hours away.
Dyh amazons are my thing, have had them since I was 14. All my birds live cage free and are never clipped.
It really is too bad we are so far apart.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I would love to take the sweetie in but looks like I am 20 hours away.
Dyh amazons are my thing, have had them since I was 14. All my birds live cage free and are never clipped.
It really is too bad we are so far apart.
Hmmmmmm

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
If only you were in Canada!! Or even in the west! :crycry2:

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Who would fly with the bird?

I have had birds shipped before to me and never had a problem.

I myself am terrified of flying. Go figure LOL!

I don’t mind paying the airfare for bird, but the poster would probably rather the bird go to someone local than send it on a plane.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
@jmfleish

Use her for a LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG transport, that's how Secret and MC got their home with us. A 2 hour drive.....
Jon and I talked about it and we could take her in if no one else would, I just worry about the good Amazon vibe we have going. We're also taking in his older brother who will most likely be moving into our condo in the next month or so as they prepare to sell the family home. Lots going on with us right now.

chloebirdlove

Moving in
Sorry I haven’t been on in a little bit, but I haven’t been getting emails that people were still active on this thread and thought it got buried.

Also, I can’t seem to reply to a specific comment, but rather it just comments in the thread. Is that normal?

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
If you're trying to comment privately you need to click on that persons name and start a conversation with them. It won't show on the thread.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Sorry I haven’t been on in a little bit, but I haven’t been getting emails that people were still active on this thread and thought it got buried.

Also, I can’t seem to reply to a specific comment, but rather it just comments in the thread. Is that normal?
You probably don't have enough posts to get private messages from people. I think you have to have 25?

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine

I think you have to have 20 posts to send a private message to an individual. You should be able to send one to an administrator and communicate that way. @Macawnutz is a good one to contact for help with communication. Or go to the photo forum and comment on all the cute pictures to get your post count up.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

You need a certain number of posts to send private messages.

You can always welcome new members.....

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen

You can quote what people say like I just did by hitting the quote button on the lower left corner of every post.

chloebirdlove

Moving in
Hi everyone,

I'm just checking in hoping this will bump the post up (if thats how it works). I'm still looking for a good home for Chloe. Thank you all for your help so far!

NirAntae

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jennie
So, I talked to my spouse. If you can't find a better (and closer!) home for her, I can take her; spouse isn't 'enthusiastic', but willing. :unsure: (Bad early bird experiences.) We would definitely have to see if we can get a transport train together, though, at least for a fair portion of the distance; it's a loooong way from Boston to NW Indiana, and spouse only really has Sundays off work (and thus the car free).

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So, I talked to my spouse. If you can't find a better (and closer!) home for her, I can take her; spouse isn't 'enthusiastic', but willing. :unsure: (Bad early bird experiences.) We would definitely have to see if we can get a transport train together, though, at least for a fair portion of the distance; it's a loooong way from Boston to NW Indiana, and spouse only really has Sundays off work (and thus the car free).
That's great!

Status
Not open for further replies.