• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Letting you go, Lenny.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Oh that was so hard to read through all the tears. That must have been very difficult for you to write, it was a lovely description of Lenny and it is so easy to feel the love and concern you have for him. Thank you so very much for sharing this information about Lenny the jester, it was nice to think of him in happier times with all his attitude and personality :)
I am sorry that you have not managed to find out exactly what happened to him and I hope you choose to think that he got outside and has made some friends and is happy (like you told your nephew). Just imagine him out there having a wow of a time being the jester for all his new little friends.
I hope you are able to come to terms with the loss and get to a place where you know you did everything within your power to ensure his safety.
Thank you, Shezbug, for your helpful tips on my last post, and the compassion that you have shown towards Lenny every step of the way.

Wherever Lenny is, I know somebody is getting an earful. He was not one to go quietly into the night. :)

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Even though you are letting him go, I know he will be that little cloud of wonder for quite a while. It's good that you have wonderful memories of the little King of the flock. Thanks for sharing his personality with us. Hugs..

His disappearance will remain an unpleasant mystery that will nag. But his life with me will always be a welcome memory. I thank you, and Lenny thanks you.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
This was so emotionally difficult to read, as I felt every single ounce of your love for your Lenny. I wish this outcome could have been different for you. I'm so very sorry.
Thank you, Nikomania. My description on Lenny came easy and it was fun to write, but then reality would hit Thank you for all of your support and kind words.

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
I am so sorry.
:sadhug2:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
His disappearance will remain an unpleasant mystery that will nag. But his life with me will always be a welcome memory.

I know this feeling all too well with Koopa, so I know a shadow of the emotions you are going through now. It is not easy, and not something I wish on anyone. :hug8:

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
:sad7: I can’t believe this turned out this way. :crycry:

This just sucks. I’m so sorry. You will be missed little Lenny. You sounded like such an amazing bird. :sorrow:

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Thank you, squawksNibbles. Lenny was an endearing brave little clown. I know he is out there enjoying his new life and telling a bird off, probably an Eagle. You go, Lenny. :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am so sorry.

No doubt that Lenny is on the next plane of existence...and he's having a sassy good time...

Sylvester

Hit the Road
What type of bird was he? How did he escape?
He was a very scrawny parakeet. My six year old nephew did not secure the door to his cage. Two parakeets were in that cage, but only Lenny ventured out.

Sun_conure

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Penelope
He was a very scrawny parakeet. My six year old nephew did not secure the door to his cage. Two parakeets were in that cage, but only Lenny ventured out.
So was he lost in the house or did he get outside somehow

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I'm sorry too, I lost Lurch when he escaped over sisters head as she came in with groceries after checking to make sure he was asleep and far from the door. I still renew his lost ad on Craigslist just in case but at this point he's probably left us or with a new family that doesn't care where their mystery parrot came from. I sure miss him too and hope wherever he is he's happy and chowing down on all the taco bell and junk food he wants. :sadhug: