• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Letti...that's not the way INTO your house!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Yes, the buzzsaws...I mean Galah pair...are still out and about, making a mess of the downstairs bird room. I sliced and diced some raw food for everyone last night and started the handout in the bird room so I could make sure Reggie Lou D2 had food in his beak so he wouldn't scream at everyone. Next up were the Galahs because I had to find the keys for the lock on their feeder door. That's the one interesting thing now that they are out and about, I haven't had to fill up their food bowl...god knows what they've been eating! So, I gave them some of the raw food and finished everyone else up in the bird room and moved to the living room but kept spying on them hoping the raw food would entice them to go inside their house. Couldn't get that lucky but at one point, I did see Letti hanging on the side of the cage by the food bowl trying to get into it. I had to explain to her that she had to actually go INSIDE the cage if she wanted to eat... I might as well start hanging their toys from the ceiling and call it day. They have claimed the room as their play area, I'm sure it's practically official.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You have your hands full!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
You have your hands full!
Yes, I'm beginning to think they will never go back into their house. They just look at me strangely when I go in there and try to convince them that their house is the better way to go!:) Especially Letti but I think I'm winning her over...she doesn't scurry over to Leo when I approach her now.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lol! This is funny to read, but I'm sure it's a bit frustrating to live :hug8:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Lol! This is funny to read, but I'm sure it's a bit frustrating to live :hug8:
I honestly don't mind too much, as long as they stop eating the woodwork!:) I think they are so cute when I go in there and talk to them! They tilt their heads at me like, "Yeah, we're not going back in there!"

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
They run that bird room now so I guess your just going to have to live with it ...got to love Toos :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Yep, I think you hit the nail right on the head....:huh:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I honestly don't mind too much, as long as they stop eating the woodwork!:) I think they are so cute when I go in there and talk to them! They tilt their heads at me like, "Yeah, we're not going back in there!"
Just give it up and replace the woodwork with thick pine boards...

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
So...did you ever get them back inside? :p
Nope...I think we've come to the conclusion that the bird room has truly become a bird room. I'm now letting Nibbles LCA run free in there too and she's getting along fabulously with the Buzzsaws. I let Tuchis run around in there too for a day but he caused chaos with Nibbles and she told him exactly what she thought of him...he's now nursing a bit toe...

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
OMG! What a totally great idea! Jon's going to kill me but we now have a new thing to do this next weekend! You're the best Chandra!
:cautious: umm, just don't tell Jon who said it...lol I was kinda kidding??? Maybe?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
:cautious: umm, just don't tell Jon who said it...lol I was kinda kidding??? Maybe?

Too late! And I'm so doing it even though most of the woodwork in there is toast...Darn buzzsaws! I was just thinking to myself this morning, what could I put in place of that woodwork this morning...I'm so doing it!:D

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Update! The chickens were in there last night and I had just given everyone some chop. When I went in to check on everyone a bit later, who should I see in Leo and Letti's cage helping herself to their food???? None other than Tildie the Chicken! She was sitting right up there on the perch eating right out of the dish! The one time I didn't have my cell phone because I had left it at work! It shouldn't surprise me but god she was too cute! And Leo and Letti were sitting on top without a care in the world. What? You say there's a chicken in our house? Do tell us more about this situation!

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Update! The chickens were in there last night and I had just given everyone some chop. When I went in to check on everyone a bit later, who should I see in Leo and Letti's cage helping herself to their food???? None other than Tildie the Chicken! She was sitting right up there on the perch eating right out of the dish! The one time I didn't have my cell phone because I had left it at work! It shouldn't surprise me but god she was too cute! And Leo and Letti were sitting on top without a care in the world. What? You say there's a chicken in our house? Do tell us more about this situation!
:rofl:

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
And the grey gets into the thick of it! Tuchis TAG has now decided that he wants to make friends with Leo and Leo does not seem to be opposed to it...he's actually curious about Tuchis. I'm fascinated by this new twist and watched the two last night as I changed papers and fed and watered everybody. I'm curious as to where this leaves Letti but she doesn't seem to care much...more updates as this new friendship blossoms...