• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Letters with love

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
It’s been a while.

I have dissolved my company, whilst i am also combatting what seems to be my biggest depression yet :(

Still, through it all i get lots of love from my OWA Luka. Albeit lately she seems to have as bad a period as i am :( We’ll pull through tho!

the little green dragons are doing fine, they are as Senegals are. Not for the faint of hearted, but ever such lovely beeings to watch and ocasionally cuddle with

Coco is still doing the whole “i love you lets feed eachother” thing :)

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope you feel better. I do think our birds sense our moods. Hopefully, they help cheer you up.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Lovely pics! ♥

But sorry to read that you are going through a depression.
But you have realize it, and that is good. It's great that you have your fids to take care of and they also give you love.
May I suggest that you start training with something?
You will feel better if you find something you like that gives you endorphins.
And perhaps you also will find someone to train with that later can be a good friend.

I hope you soon will feel better, and if you will share how you feel we are here to listen, always! *Many hugs from me* ♥♥♥

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I have dissolved my company, whilst i am also combatting what seems to be my biggest depression yet :(
Sending out strong thoughts of support...I too am going through a bad time with my depression...I'm working with my physician on a new course of treatment.

Stay strong...keep up the fight...

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
My son is, too. He refuses to try therapy, believing his current mental state will always be that way, no matter what; so what's the point.
Depression is extremely frightening to watch, let alone experience.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
My son is, too. He refuses to try therapy, believing his current mental state will always be that way, no matter what; so what's the point.
Sending out good thoughts to your son and you.

Admitting you need help is such a challenge...and for men, even more so. So often they are told to "deal with it like a man"....or, even worse..."there's nothing wrong with you"...:(

Both of those were told to me...by people that I trusted and cared about...

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I wish we all had magic buttons to push when the darkness falls upon us. Sending good thoughts your way. So glad your birds are with you to give love.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Sending out good thoughts to your son and you.

Admitting you need help is such a challenge...and for men, even more so. So often they are told to "deal with it like a man"....or, even worse..."there's nothing wrong with you"...:(

Both of those were told to me...by people that I trusted and cared about...
Thank you.
It's extremely difficult to stop believing the lies depression keeps telling you.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
@Lincee :bluhug:
Screenshot_20191015-225005_Chrome.jpg

That is so sad and frustrating. My nephew is like that, too. There's no convincing and it's so hard to watch. :(

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sorry about the depression, I suffer too but then a little green Zon came into my life. He makes me laugh so hard it brighten's my day. It doesn't fix all but it really helps! I say focus on the wee ones & it'll make it a little better. I'm here if you ever just need to chat. I hope you know that my Jan friend! :hug5:

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
This forum and its members have been, and are a blessing :)

Yes, its all about the birds, but its about the humans too! I have seen some wonderful threads where people drove half way across the country to help someone they didnt even know.. Bird people are a special kind of breed, i love every one of us for that :heart:

The problem with depressions is that you cant see it. If you break a leg, the whole world woud jump high and low to help you, but when you are depressed its a whole different matter.

For me, i have decided to start blogging about it. Not to get pitty, but to get respect, and help people gain some knowledge.

For a while i housed my birds in the shed, they had bigger space, and in the next 3 weeks the outdoor aviary will be delivered. But it seems neither the birds nor myself where happy about it. And while i felt for a while i could not deal with anything or anyone, i have gladly brought them back in! It seems they rather enjoy a smaler cage but beeing cloer with me, then a large cage somewhere apart :( it was a stupid mistake one would think a first time parront would make. Not sure what made me make it.

Attachments

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Adorable pics again! ♥
The first one made me smile too. :D

I think it's great that you blogg, I hope it helps you and people who read it. :)
The problem with depressions is that you cant see it.
That's why it is so important that we talk about it and don't are afraid to ask people how they are feeling.
You don't need to be professional to help. Sometimes it helps if you just listen and cares.
it was a stupid mistake one would think a first time parront would make. Not sure what made me make it.
Don't feel bad for that. It happens to all of us. The only difference is we that know our parrots can change things back when we see that they didn't enjoy what we where doing.

I did bought a aviary to Eloy and almost the same happened.
He didn't want a big aviary, he only wanted me. So after a year I sold it and we continue going outside in harness and travel cage.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch Jan, I hope you will pull through stronger. The blog is a fantastic idea, maybe it will help someone else pull through too.❤

Sending positive thoughts and love to all the men in this thread; Jan, Bob, Nikomanias son and Karens nephew ❤
:hug9:

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch Jan, I hope you will pull through stronger. The blog is a fantastic idea, maybe it will help someone else pull through too.❤

Sending positive thoughts and love to all the men in this thread; Jan, Bob, Nikomanias son and Karens nephew ❤
:hug9:

Thank you Zara.
Side note: I like your new avatar pic!

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly

UGH my adult kids have that same attitude. Well, my daughter goes occasionally. :facepalm: My son, no way no how, even tho he told my mom he’d rather be dead.

For a while i housed my birds in the shed, they had bigger space, and in the next 3 weeks the outdoor aviary will be delivered. But it seems neither the birds nor myself where happy about it. And while i felt for a while i could not deal with anything or anyone, i have gladly brought them back in! It seems they rather enjoy a smaler cage but beeing cloer with me, then a large cage somewhere apart :( it was a stupid mistake one would think a first time parront would make. Not sure what made me make it.

Hey. That wasn’t a stupid mistake. It was a learning experience. During this time, be extra kind to yourself. The way we think and talk to ourselves has a big impact on our level of depression. I was in the worst one I’ve ever had — people say oh you are a musician, you’re a writer, you’re an artist, you people are wired that way. I decided to go to counseling almost a year ago. It has made a world of difference! I highly recommend it especially if you’re one of the people who feels hopeless. Not just you Jan, but others reading the thread. I’m learning to cope with having 2 active addict (adult) children. I’m learning not to dwell on the past, whether mistakes I made or trauma I endured. It has helped.

@Eloy suggested training in some sport, I agree. Baby steps are easiest, but even doing a couple times a week would be great. I started yoga and I love it. I’m really bad at it, but I feel great after doing it.

:sadhug2:

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
I have asked for help, i found this wonderful lady that helps me taking care of myself.. Even the simple things seem huge these days. But in the ed i’ll pull through! I have my parrts who need me, and my dog who i would trust nobody to care for her like i do :blush:

I also bought a piano (research suggested that depressed people may thow away money more easily.. thats one research i’ll not argue with :hehe: ) and started singing lessons again!

Im pretty sure in 6 months time the whole neighbourhood will be in therapy as well!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I miss playing piano. Do you already play or are you taking it up?
39.gif