• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Leto's bath

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Maybe you should try the steam shower. It's more passive but he'll still get dampened.
He doesn't step up enough for me to take him to the shower. I guess I try putting a humidifier next to his cage though.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
He doesn't step up enough for me to take him to the shower. I guess I try putting a humidifier next to his cage though.
Do you have a playstand on wheels? They can come out on that and wheel him into the bathroom mist.

I bought a cheap bottle at Wal-Mart, put water in and spray a fine mist ABOVE the parrots so it drifts down on them.

Secret likes warmer water (think baby bath water), MC likes his water cooler.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@Maxsmom you can also try doing this in sunshine. That really gets Secret going (and she's not keen on baths).

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Sometimes I would just wheel the cage somewhere safe to get wet, clear out whatever needs to stay dry and spray away. Dobby has a shower cage that is all bars with no bottom that he used to use so maybe get something similar and see how it goes. It makes a great safe open air travel cage too. My small bathroom makes a great place to spray Dobby down as it has a few places for Dobby to sit and keeps him contained. Hopefully someday he'll decide his shower cage and my shower is a fun place to get cleaned up again.

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award