• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Leo has a Type Apparently

M_Riddly

Strolling the yard
So I've noticed a trend with Leo for the past month or so. Leo prefers women. It makes sense since I am female and am his caretaker. He really only gets male interaction when he is looking particularly cute and begging for pets from my dad and he relents. Either that or when he goes out and he gets handled by guys. He is totally fine with men but he prefers women. Not just women but he likes a woman with a big chest. Lol. It's probably because the breeder I got him from was well gifted. I am not flat but I wouldn't say I'm busty. Now Leo likes curves for one particular reason. Cuddles. He can climb from your hand up to your chest or shoulder for cuddles or to press his body up against the side of your face for kisses. He will use the edge and straps of the bra your wearing to aid his ascent. It's pretty funny. I just thought it was him climbing and he didn't really care as far as size. He just wanted to get closer to you. That was until I went up to Gainesville to visit my friend. My friend is.....not gifted towards the upper torso per say. Due to this, she often doesn't wear a bra because she doesn't need to. To put it bluntly, she is flat. And that's fine! But not to Leo. She use to see Leo all the time when I first got him before she went to college and he had developed much more of a personality since she left. When he saw her he was pretty happy to see her. But when she was holding him, let me tell you....he was so offended and disturbed. He couldn't climb to the optimal cuddle ground. He got so upset that he kept nipping her and leaning and trying to convey how upset he was. It was hilarious. She and I were dying laughing because he just couldn't comprehend why she wouldn't provide him with his usual platform. He eventually just resigned to having to wait til she cuddled him.

So I didn't really think much about it until I went to a haloween party. Leo came along. He LOVED it. He stole the show. Everyone wanted to pet him and hold him and love up on him. When people asked him to step up (aka I had him step up on people because most had no clue how to ask and kept putting their arms too low or too high) he often was a little reluctant. It was never like when I asked him to step up for me. It was an "....ok?" versus when I ask, he is like "oh heck yeah!" This went on all night until I ran into a friends mom. She LOVES birds and has heard a ton about Leo and has been wanting to meet him. She and another person were wanting to hold him. The other person held Leo first. He was a guy and Leo could tell. Leo kept braking the guy and putting his head in the way of his feet for scritches. Eventually he stepped up. I always want Leo to step up when asked by guys because he prefers women. It's part of his socialization. If he says no I can take a no after I try a little but he rarely says no because he loves meeting new people. It's just a bit of show with him normally. After the guy got a picture with Leo, I took him back and my friends mom, a very well well endowed woman, asked Leo to step up. Leo was all about that. He hamed it up and immediately cuddled up to her chest and gave her kisses on the lips (with tongue ) and really made an amazing impression. The poor guy is watching this and in shock that Leo had such preferences. Everyone else standing around was laughing about it. Parrots really know what they like! :idea:

Here is a picture of us. Yes. I went for the traditional pirate and parrot costume. Lol. Originally I was going to do vampire and bat but my bat chewed off the wings to his costume so.....no bat.

IMG_2985.JPG

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:laughing6:That’s so funny! You guys look great btw!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Great photo!